Orgelf's works

@AK-SAM Thank you very much for your comment ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, VR would be really great for my architectural models and will be really better that static renders. I can’t wait to be able to do that.

For Gaudi and Bosch…well …they are actually my two masters… and I have the garden of delights in front of me when I work my stuff.

@ _kimga I am not sure to understand but thanks ! :grin: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s how VR looked like in those days:

6 Likes

Very interesting, I learnt something. Thanks for posting this.I could be cool to do this in 3d with personal drawings. I keep the idea.

My last one , an alienish radio.

Model in Sketchup, render Blender.

Bigger sizes here

https://zupimages.net/up/22/45/xxl9.jpg

https://zupimages.net/up/22/45/ab0e.jpg

4 Likes

Amazing… We just have to wait for the Metaverse version 3.0 or something.

“Orgelf’s World …the trippiest place in the universe.”

1 Like

Some models look so complex, it’s hard to imagine that all of it was modeled in SketchUp. Could you tell me some details of your process, please?

I am working with a concept artist, who uses Blender (for modeling) and he says he can’t work with SketchUp files. At least he can not convert them into a format that he can then edit…I understand principal behind this thinking - poly to mesh, but how is it working for you?

Are you exclusively just rendering (and texture in Blender?) And perhaps make the environment in some cases???

Thank you for the inspirational crazy stuff…

1 Like

Your creations did remind me of Boch and the underworld. Very original I hope you don’t mind me using the word " bonkers", I meant it in a good way…

Very inspiring.

I am debating if to learn Blender. I would like to know how it works with SketchUp and the level of compatibility possibilities. But before investing time into one software I am looking around to see what would fit my need and where to develop it…So it’s nice to see your work and I am intrigued to read more about your workflow…

1 Like

@AK_SAM yep…it would be very cool if I could put all my stuff on the metaverse… :crazy_face: :heart_eyes:

@_kimga I work with Sketchup pro 2020. This software allows really complex modelisations, most of the time, people don’t realize it.
The most important is to well organise the hierarchy of your project via groups and components, that’s the key.

I always begin a 3d project with writing on a notebook what I want to do. I always do a docsheet too .

For example, for the radio , I did research on the net (for this part of the project I highly recommand to use Pinterest) and made this picture.

I use these pluggins in Sketchup

Artisan
extrusion tools
fredo6 fredo scale
fredo6 joint push pull
round corner
tools on surface
zorro2
mirror selection
arc center point finder

When my mesh is done, i put colors on the faces as materials.
I export as .obj. In the options, I only check “export only selection” and “scale Y up”

In Blender , I use these colors to separate the mesh in different shaders.

Blender is the only “classic” software that I know. I never worked with 3ds maya, houdini etc . Only with Blender, Sketchup and Zbrush. Even if the sculpt is really good with Zbrush or Blender, I personally prefer Nomad on Ipad.

Years ago, I did my renders with the matcaps of Zbrush mixed in Photoshop but now I really prefer the nodal method in Cycles (Blender). It’s a lot to learn and to work but it worth it. sometimes, I render passes (beauty render, ambiant occlusion, id mask) that I mix in Photoshop.
The only advice I would give you for your render is to use HDRI.

For the word “bonkers” I found on internet it was an animation that’s why I didn’t understand but I did another research today and I saw that it means “crazy” . I accept it with pleasure :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :grin:

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

Thank you for the insights.

Very impressive.

I use similar extensions, plugins : SubD, Vertex Tool in place of Artisan(I would like to use more subdivision modeling in practice - I only follow tutorials for now.) Curviloft, many tools from Freddo6…

Fir sone reason non of the centerpoint finder extensions seem to work with Pro 22…(neither Tig’s , neither Chris F’s). I just updated to 22, SketchUp pro 2028 was a very stable software …before that SketchUp Google used to crash down a lot…

Tried ZBrush Mini, I will have at Nomad, although I use PC…

I am more into architecture/product design/set design/prop concept than sculpting, but sometimes they overlap.

Also, perhaps in my case a less one directional workflow would be more efficient (like Twinmotion with DataSmith).

I like that Blender is starting to use A.I. to suggest things and it’s got something similar to Grasshopper for parametric design (or to make work more efficient by not have to redo everything…
)…

AI is a true revolution , I don’t how far it will go, but beyond the horizon that’s for sure.

The most important is to find your tools. 3d needs a lot of time to master , don’t go in a direction if you don’t need it.

My last project

Concept of cane.

Nomad (Ipad) for the crow. Sketchup pro 2020 for the rest. Render Blender.

Bigger size here https://zupimages.net/up/22/46/v6h3.jpg

4 Likes

Two extraterrestrial entities (which form only one) appear before the cosmic court in the corpse of an Earth diplomat (with his agreement, long story…).

The different jewels, plates, braids etc. were modeled with Sketchup. The head was made with Nomad (Ipad) and the two aliens with Blender and Zbrush. Blender rendering. Blender clothes. The head of the base comes a pluggin of Blender.

Larger images on this link lesdiplomate

May the Earth always be a jewel.

6 Likes

“Grafmu the Necro Skeleton Gorilla Unicorn”
made from an downloaded and modified gorilla skeleton (pose). The skull was sculpted in Nomad (Ipad) and the cane is a work done last week with Nomad (Ipad) and Sketchup. Blender rendering.

bigger size on these links

6 Likes

Concept of lightsaber PB (permanent blade) for a troglodyte civilisation. Something simple and effective. The scabbard can be used as a mace.

Base mesh made in sketchup then modified in Blender and Zbrush. Render Blender.

Larger on this link https://zupimages.net/up/22/47/6gmw.jpg

1 Like

Well…I think this time it’s the right one…I wasn’t satisfied with the last finale of my “ballad of the chains”, freely inspired by the Hellraiser universe.

I changed the face (generated by a Blender pluggin then reworked in Zbrush), feet and hands. I added hooks, nails, chains, skulls and grass.

For the materials, I made a mix of the last two versions. I think this time is the right one.

Sketchup: links of the chain and its head, the hurdy-gurdy and the base of the seat.

The skulls are from a downloaded model.

Bigger size on these links

5 Likes

A never ending supply of cool modeling :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@tuna1957 that’s very kind :heart_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:

Light saber concept with permanent blade.
Sketchup modeling (flower at the bottom, basemesh, the two junctions at the base of the guard and the scabbard and the small elements of the guard), Blender and Zbrush.
Blender rendering.

Two versions, combat and pageantry.

More on these links

3 Likes

Concept of SF vehicle towed by a solar sail.

More on these links

ps: for some reason, all the subfolders of my “flying vehicles” folder have been erased…I was able to recover them all via my security DD except this folder. The Blender file was recovered via automatic backup which is done in another folder.
All that to say that I no longer have the Sketchup files for this project, in case I was asked to see them, they were erased somehow.

3 Likes

My last, a personal version of the emperor in the Warhammer universe. Represented with his sword (personal concept), Epailes.

So … my little nephew was born yesterday (same birthday as me by the way) I added the cradle with the baby (3d model downloaded) and it is now uncle Orgelf who protects the baby against any external threat (mosquito, sunburn, zombie apocalypse etc).

The final with materials tomorrow or Saturday.

The emperor’s head is from a Blender plugin.
on the hilt of Epailes is a made-up Latin quote (hope the translation is right) “sic occidit imperator” “thus kills the emperor”.
The armor, wings, the drone were made in Sketchup. The subdivision in Sketchup was done with Artisan2 (betatest) which I highly recommend. I also sculpted the portal base mesh in Sketchup with artisan2 and it works fine.
The arms, legs come from a reworked Makehuman mesh.

Bigger images on these links

you can download the images in large on this link https://www.mediafire.com/file/6p9fotyq2rsad07/Gclay.zip/file

5 Likes

The final character of the emperor in the Warhammer universe. I took the crib out with the baby. I couldn’t separate the different parts (hair, skin, eyes) and the result was weird.

Modelised at 80% with Sketchup. Render Cycles (Blender).

The two last pictures show ,in red, some parts subdivided with artisan2 (betatest). Very useful pluggin. I used it too to sculpt a basemesh (the portal), it does the job very fine.

Bigger pictures on these links

4 Likes

“Chef Pinocchio sliding on a silver platter”. Blender, Zbrush, SketchUp. Blender rendering.
Sketchup was used for the knee and ankle fins.

The fork and knife are base models uploaded and reworked in Zbrush.

bigger sizes on these links

4 Likes

Little concept of seahorse.

Nomad for the basemesh, Zbrush, Sketchup (gold parts except eye and dorsal fin) and Blender.

bigger size here https://zupimages.net/up/23/04/3nvu.jpg

2 Likes