Opening large files

Actually, I just looked back at survey drawings and the site IS about 80m above sea level, so that explains the Z dimension. The X and Y dimensions are a bit more puzzling but not really a problem.

I know that Trimble make hardware as well as software. In theory, you can input all the point data from a Trimble drawings into a total station and know exactly where everything should be. That must be an absolute timesaver on site.

I have one the puts all the bits on separate layers, but haven’t yet added moving the origin, which is needed to then find ‘identical geometry’…

the roadblocks are all the rotated ones…

it’s also not wrapped yet…

john

1 Like

I think I’ve worked that out Jack. Coat hooks at about sea level means that floor levels are often below sea level, right?

I think we knew that the Dutch have webbed feet of course.

2 Likes

That coat rack looks familiar.

That explains their shoes. :smiley:

2 Likes

He he, I was triggered by some post ago, wanna compare?
Haagse School Coat Rack.skp (934.7 KB)

Did you model it from a real one?

That is also true on Mac. Extensions load only when you first launch SketchUp, not when you open a different file (unless, of course, you quit SU in the meantime, which would force a relaunch on Windows too).

1 Like

No match photo and some basic dimensions from here:
https://www.pamono.com/vintage-dutch-haagse-school-coat-rack

Ahh… I drew mine by eye instead of using Match Photo and adjusted dimensions a little to work in inches. Pretty close. The one I based mine on didn’t have the detail on the front of the left end piece. I might modify mine, though.

Sorry for the hijack @simoncbevans. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

1 Like

No prob, Dave. Glad to be the enabler.

Actually, isn’t that a coat rack designed for the three Bears??

2 Likes

Did the three bears live in the Netherlands and have webbed feet?

2 Likes