Oklahoma House Build!

So, are you doing the drill and epoxy after the fact method (as opposed to cast the bolt in place before yo frame)?

1 Like

Someone’s having fun with drones! Are you doing it or someone else?

2 Likes

Even down to the shadows! :astonished:

1 Like

That’s exactly it!

Yes, that would be my dad doing the flying. the drone is his.

1 Like

I’ve been told, be sure to blow all the dust out of the whole properly, or it won’t hold. They must provide instructions.

2 Likes

They do,

5 Likes

Oh, we also did a bunch of caulking.

Sealing every seem where 2 boards come together, the bottom plate, the top plates and other things.

IMG_20220827_084335896

Now we are putting on 2 rows of sheathing and poly iso before the trusses get here.

3 Likes

We’re going “green” :D.

1 Like

Hi.
My two cents - if you use expansion bolts you don’t need a chemical anchor, but is very good job!

2 Likes

We usually don’t, but we chose to take this extra step on the main load bearing walls for this project, but ended up doing pretty much all of them, even the interior non-load-bearing walls.

1 Like

Got the trusses fixed and they were dropped off on Friday. We started putting them up on Saturday, and today they are all on.

7 Likes

She is coming along nicely, love those trusses and those walls look tight.

1 Like

Off topic—Some of the job site wildlife:

Seen probably a dozan of each of the above.

Have a lot of these around here.

A brother actually hit a deer on his way over here, and completely smashed his front end in.

Y’all know what deer look like.

3 Likes

You just made a pretty strong case for me to stay in Minnesota, in spite of -or because of- the cold.

1 Like

Minnesota used to be one of the places that attracted a lot of Finns. They probably felt at home with the cold and mosquitoes.

3 Likes

I’m in Missouri now (near the Arkansas border) and I’ve never seen so many (large and small) bugs in my life. The humidity is probably to blame and honestly it is a bit hard on me (I tend to like the slightly drier climates), we will see how long I last here.

1 Like

And the lack of scorpions.

1 Like

I’ve lived in a few areas (Utah, Colorado, North Carolina, France) and travelled around… but I didn’t realize Oklahoma was so buggy (as in, poison-stingy-buggy).

2 Likes

Central Arkansas has lots of the same bugs along with lots of wasps, yellow jackets, snakes, horse flies, chiggers, ticks, poison ivy, etc.

1 Like

It seems we have reached a consensus: @LinearGraphs has to move the house.

2 Likes