nz_attribute is one of the new releases by developer Natale Zappia (I don’t know if he’s active on the forum, so I couldn’t ping him). Natale, if you’re around and see this, kindly respond to the below.
I’d like to know a few things, for those who may have tried this extension:
- can we customize the amount of attribute fields?
- can custom name these attribute fields?
- what are the maximum number of characters for entry per field?
- do all these attributes, per their custom fields, show up in the Entity Info, if this is the case then auto tagging / auto labeling features in both SketchUp and Layout can be used to reflect all of attributes entered.
Feature Request should this extension be able to reflect all attribute field (custom or otherwise) in Entity Info for auto labeling / auto tagging in both SU & LO: (I don’t think it is part of this extension already)
- ability to link external files
- ability to reflect text in externally linked file (say a TXT document) and have this show up in the designated attribute field (-s)
- ability to hotlink (as in click on to open) website URL’s in a particular attribute field
- ability to set LOD for annotation purposes (as in BIM methodology) without necessarily having to change the text / input set per LOD (obviously one would have to enter such information at some stage before, I’m thinking entering all relevant info and choosing LOD level for info display in auto tagging / auto labeling).
Should one be able to do all of the above, this extension would have some serious capabilities.
I know of one other extension (privately developed by a very capable developer, but not released to the general public) that comes close to this, but the information / attributes are not able to be injected to the Entity Info field, thus auto tagging / auto labeling in both SU & LO cannot utelize the information.