Newbie User ex: Archicad user - I keep inadvertently orbiting

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help - I’m an old Archicad user and am used to using the centre scroll button on my mouse to pan around the drawing I’m working on. Sadly in SketchUp Pro this causes the floorplan to go off axis - is there an auto-reset button? or what is the easiest and most accurate way to get the drawing to re-align with the vertical axis (green?) Thanks in advance!

Set up a scene showing the view you want so you can quickly return to it.

Since SketchUp is a 3D modeler, you might also consider learning to use it that way. There’s no reason you can’t draw on the ground plane (red/green plane) with the camera at an oblique angle.

As Dave alludes to: think in 3D, draw in 3D. But if you need to draw in 2D, and want to move (read “pan”) across your drawing, set your camera to Parallel projection and scroll out, release your scroll control, move the cursor and scroll in. Repeatedly doing this will get you around your drawing.

Hold shift will turn orbit into pan

The second CAD you learn is the hardest, I think. Probably good to use SketchUp protocol where you can. Eventually your mind will shift gears easily for each program.