New Styles won't save

I have been trying to save my own styles but I keep getting this error message:

Error saving the style file. The file could not be saved.

I have tried dragging the new style into the secondary window, but nothing happens.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, try changing the style window from Thumbnails to List View.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I already had it in list view, but I changed it to thumbnail view and that seemed to do the trick!

What library have you chosen in the secondary pane? If it is one of the libraries that come packed with SketchUp, you’ll have issues due to the location of the Styles folder in the Application package and security for that folder. Although you could modify the security settings, it would be better to make a new library in a different location.

Edit: Or do what you did.

Hi All, first time posting,

I am having an issue with creating/ saving new styles. I was trying to use the Advanced Camera Tools extension but I hope thats not the issue.

With ACT I need to create multiple new styles with unique watermarks (images), problem 1, I seem to have updated/ changed a key style (from competition styles) that is used across several different models - Edit: Turned out to be an easy fix.

Problem 2, I tried to create a modified version of the competition style and hit make a copy/ save as etc. This style is sitting in the correct folder Users/JoArch/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/Styles, however it doesn’t show up in any of the available styles (in model or collections etc) so I can’t use it.

Problem 3 (relates to problem 1), this is erratic but when I save the new style and try to rename it in the save window, the file won’t save properly unless I use the default name which is my problem with it being used in different models as any versions I modified elsewhere are being overwritten by the new automatic name.

Many thanks, Jo

Im using Mac OSX 12.3, mid 2017, 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, Sketchup Pro 2021