New BugSplat behaviour on mac

BugSplat now opens a tab in Safari every time I click send…

This takes me off my working ‘Desktop’ and discourages me to submit them at all…

Are they being received or have they been diverted to the wrong destination?

@bugra, @Barry, @tt_su someone, I just sent one in and was wondering if it even arrived?

I am very religious about submitting bugsplats, but won’t if it’s going to open Safari…

if I’m put off by it I imagine most mac users will be as well, and will not send them in after a couple of detours to Safari…

john.

This is a BugSplat! feature. It is feedback attempting to give you information about the bug if it has already been logged in the database, and any message from the development team (if they have posted one for this bug.) Such as a workaround or don’t do such and such until we fix it. etc.

On Windows BugSplat! has it’s key in the registry that might have switches that can be toggled. Does it have a plist on the Mac ?

but it’s only shown up since M1…

I always got the BugSplat window, unlike some other mac user?

It’s really annoying if Safari is closed or on another desktop…

not sure about a plist because it’s embedded inside SU.app…

@slbaumgartner, do you get this happening?

john

No, I’ve only seen the regular BugSplat window - but I haven’t had a splat yet on M1

it a pain in the butt when you work in the second space…
this is all you get for the trouble of submitting…

Crash Report #13495
Crash reporting made possible by www.bugsplatsoftware.com

john

this is continuing to drive me nuts,

@bugra, @Barry, what’s going wrong with BugSplat…

this is my latest comment on one I sent in…

Crash Report #15221 or so the annoying diverter tells me…

SU hasn’t quit, it’s still open and working… don’t really want to send this as it will take me to a tab in Safari on another Desktop… it’s all a bit annoying…

john

Somehow my earlier post seems to have gone elsewhere, but I am seeing the same thing as John does on my Mac.

Likely the PM thread we 3 were also talking about this in.

Hi guys-

Yes, this was an intentional change but not one that we’re completely happy with. BugSplat has a system for displaying a “tech support response” after a crash is reported - which gives us an opportunity to give feedback to users. For example, there may be a known solution to the crash, or we may be asking for more information from the user to help us track down the crash.

Unfortunately, BugSplat has a limitation on Mac where it will always try to show a tech support response in the browser even if there isn’t one. So, it’s all or nothing at the moment. We’re talking to the BugSplat folks to get this fixed.

thanks,
Marc

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Marc. Clears up the mystery!

thanks for the reply @Marc,

the mac messaging used by this forum is un-intrusive, and could convey the same content…

I think it will limit the submissions from many mac users until remedied…

john