Need help and advice on tracing venue items

Hi,

I have been trying to trace and create a venue for my sound system design, but I am unsure why my tracing is not working and i am having tough time getting the venue walls up. Any pros here have advice please help.

I am 3 days old and i have been at that project for 7hrs in total.

I presume this means you’ve been using SketchUp for three days? You really should start by learning how to use SketchUp. Begin at learn.sketchup.com

It would also help if you describe exactly what is going on and share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve done.

I was very excited and happy to wanna try it and see how it can make my audio system planning on a nicely drawn 3D venue be like…but i am overestimated and upset with myself after 3 days.

Please give me some advice how i can do better.

I used inkscape to convert it to dxf. As seen on other videos/forums.

Flower Fild Hall.pdf (524.2 KB)

Flower Field Hall.skp (1.7 MB)

I wanted to layer all my items

example Stage, LED Wall, Audiennce, Pillar…but i can’t seems to get the layer out

No need to be upset with yourself. Take the time to learn how to use SketchUp. That will help you avoid frustration.

I’ve given you the primary advice already. When you get back to working on this project I expect you’ll want to first deal with the scale of the imported .dxf file. As it is your venue appears to be rather small. At that size it probably doesn’t need and audio system at all. :wink:

SketchUp doesn’t use layers. It has tags for controlling the visibility of components and groups in the model. The use of components, groups, and tags are fundamental things to learn before you get stuck into a complex model like yours is headed to become. Again, start with the link I already provided.

Apology, I send they wrong file. So I followed the video of measuring 2 points and re sizing it

Flower Field Hall~.skp (2.0 MB)

OK. My previous advice still stands. You do yourself a disservice by not taking the time to learn to use the program correctly. You will waste time and just continue to be frustrated.

1 Like

Thank you. I have save bookmarked the website. I may take a break from it and read up a bit more

He did use layer. so i was just curious

That’s an old video. Tags replaced layers a few years ago. In the video it is clear that this fellow is using them incorrectly. In his older version Layer 0 should ALWAYS remain active and all geometry (edges and faces ) should keep Layer 0 assigned to them. In the current version Untagged should ALWAYS remain active. ALL edges and faces should be created and remain untagged. Only objects (components and groups) should receive tags.

I have tried enrolling into the course. Once again Thank you for your advice.