Need 1 on 1 Help!

Hi, I am new to sketchup and have figured most of the tools out on my own. But there is one item that I am having trouble changing the color of. It is a bathroom vanity/sink that I downloaded and I can not change the cabinet color. I can only change the countertop color. I need some 1 on 1 assistance. I would even be willing to set up a Zoom call.

You probably just need to understand the hierarchy of material placement.
A material painted on a face will override a material painted on a group or component.
So you need to enter the group for editing to change a material that is painted on a face.

Edit group is not an option for some reason. Edit component is an option though.

Its the same thing.

Would you be willing to set up a Zoom call sometime so I can share my screen. I would even be willing to pay for your time… Trying to get this bathroom model visual done asap so I can move forward with my dad bathroom remodel I’m paying for.

Sorry no, I live on a boat with limited internet so zoom doesn’t work for me. @DaveR probably will once he sees your various posts. But it is getting on in the evening for him.

1 Like

No worries! Thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

In the meantime, click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Counter top with lavatory.skp (438.9 KB)

I sent you a PM per your request.