Nearmap aerial imagery is now available in SketchUp’s Add Location!

The cost is a measly 4 cents per tile, with a minimum purchase of 200 continuous tiles. At 4 cents, I bought the minimum 200 tiles for a site layout and was very happy with the quality.

2 Likes

We’ve reported your issues to the Trimble team who manages the search service. They are working on a new release with improved accuracy in the US. We hope that will go live a a few weeks.

2 Likes

you wrote “In addition to the tour, which explains the resolutions, you could have tried the preview tile feature for free before buying.”

Not per sé.
If I press that button is says that it can’t show the preview. I should adjust my chosen Area.
What is that meaning? Should I chose another city, location or what?

There is a toggle button that lets you turn the high resolution area graphic on or off. You could make sure that is turned on, then zoom out to see if you are within one of the blue shaded areas. If you’re not, then the preview option wouldn’t do anything.

1 Like

Colin, I noticed that you are replying to a lot of these messages and was hoping you might be able to help me with the same problem noted here. I’m getting the same error while creating terrain message on Sketchup Pro 2021 running Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3.

Any advice for a newbie here?

I am not fully up to date on how that problem is progressing. I’m checking with someone to ask if there is news.

Hey Brian

I sent you a private message. We’ll have to refund and clear your purchase.

Once I get a look at the area you’re importing I might have suggestions on how to get the import to work.

Bryce

So we have to wait for order processing here too? Ridiculous. After failing to import because my order is still processing. My only option is now “Start over” Once it processes how will I import the imagery?

Hi Wahkeen

Sorry I missed this

Order processing should take seconds. If your import starts, then the issue is likely related to downloading the imagery or terrain. Are you still having issues? If so can you send me the email address you sign in with in a private message?

Bryce

I ordered the 28, order didn’t process until the 31st. Once i went through the checkout i got the same message i guy when i purchased pro a few weeks ago about orders taking up to 48 hours to process, that order took over a week to process.

I looked into it, the recent delay with your nearmap purchase invoice was actually an email server outage. Your invoice was resent a few days later. I realize from a customer perspective the order process was broken. Just know that outages like that are rather rare.

Where did you purchase SU Pro from? Was it by chance through one of our resellers? If you purchase on our website or from a sales rep, the orders should process in seconds to minutes. Our partners however have their own systems which can add some processing time. Either way let me know and I’ll dig into it.

I purchased directly from Trimble. If it was an email outage with both orders wouldn’t the issue have been limited to the emails? The pro license didn’t show up in my account until the order confirmation emails were received.

Can I get a refund for the imaging purchase as I’m not using it? Or at least instructions on how to load it?

That’s really odd you got nailed by two delays. I’m sorry those kinds of events are rare. I’ll check with our support team about a potential outage

If you want to import your Nearmap purchase simply open SketchUp Pro. Then Open the file you want to import the imagery into and then open the Add location service. Add Location will ask you if you want to import your purchase, click import and it should download. I’ll get a refund stared for you though for your troubles. That will take a couple days which is normal processing time for refunds ;). Once the refund goes through you won’t have the option to download so please do it soon if you want the imagery.

It’s not clear to me how to get Nearmap imagery to show as an option. Under “type” in Add Location, there’s no toggle for high-res imagery - is that because I’m still in a trial of SU 2022? Or is there a setting to change somewhere, or a download?

AFAIK high-res is available only for some parts of the U.S.A.

You should see something like this with the Hi Res Coverage slider on the right. The blue regions on land show where the hi res imagery is available. Mainly US but also larger metropolitan areas in Canada.

Nope - that’s what I’m saying, there’s no toggle for Hi Res like on yours. I’m working with a newly installed SU 2022.

SketchUp correctly installed by right clicking on the downloaded installer and choosing Run as administrator?

I initially had installed it through the update part of SU2021, but I just now downloaded the 2022 installer and did an install-repair, run as administrator, and checked again. It still doesn’t have the Hi Res toggle. I mentioned that I’m still in a trial - would that feature show up once the software is fully paid and has a recorded license?

That does seem strange. I have alerted @Bryceosaurus , he may have ideas.