Naming / labeling Section Cuts

Is there a way to name or put a little tag or a label on a section cut? (The grey plane with the arrows?)

Thanks!

You could use layers or text. Namable section planes (with entity info) would be a nice feature though. Usually, I just put my section planes on a sections layer. Then I choose the active cut & turn off the layer, so the section planes don’t get in the way. If you have a ton of section planes, then you could use multiple layers to sort them.

Like this?

Please complete your profile with SketchUp version, operating system, and graphics card information. That stuff helps us help you. @Forestr, you also please complete your profile with SketchUp version.

2 Likes

Thanks DaveR. I didn’t notice that. :sweat_smile:

Ooo, i like that. Can you give me a hint to where i get those controls (I am SKP Pro 16 right now…
Thanks!

The corner symbols and the fill are features available in SU2018 so to get those, you’ll need to upgrade. The label was just done with the regular old Text tool.

So update your profile to show that along with which operating system and graphics card you’re using.

Very good - thank you Dave R. now i have two reasons to get that upgrade taken care of…

1 Like