My post was deleted unfairly

I posted a link to help a woman who was struggling with Vray and ask her to checkout www.brighter3d.com and send a sample render. I do not own the program. She was looking for help so I offer her an alternative Just people offer blender over SketchUp.
How do I get my post put back up. How are we going to help each other if everything we do gets blocked? The content was clearly not spam as it was a sketch-up Plugin and related.

There are many different reason if someone marking your post to delete:

• It’s Off-Topic
    This post is not relevant to the current discussion as defined by the title and first post, and should probably be moved elsewhere.

• It’s Inappropriate
    This post contains content that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.

• It’s Spam
    This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

• Something Else
    This post requires staff attention for another reason not listed above.

As Colin said in the referenced topics, your post was most probably off-topic.

BTW:
Since the above website link has been posted at least six times by you, it is at least suspicious that there may be something between you and the website … :wink:

1 Like

When a person has a solvable problem with a software package he/she already has, recommending the purchase of a different package is not a solution. It is spam. It is the same as if every time someone posted a problem with the Mac or Windows version of SketchUp we offered the “Buy a PC (or Mac)” as a solution.

5 Likes

Yep! @Anssi got it. Your post was in a topic where someone asked for help with a tool. Your post told them to go try something different. Flagged as both off-topic and as spam and removed.

2 Likes

It is no different than you offering a fellow sketchupper a different plugin option where an other is less effective.
The whole point is there are other options and it is not spam to suggest such when again clearly it is all to do with sketchup.
Why bust a gut trying to learn V-ray when there are easier options out there??
Clearly you have a bias for V-Ray.
You are so disingenuous to claim my help as spam.
D

Again… your post was not flagged by me or anyone else at SketchUp. This is a self moderating forum. Your posts were flagged by multiple members and removed. You are, of course, welcome to post about whatever rendering software you like.

If I told you that the truck I purchased was getting terrible gas mileage and you advice was “you should have bought a Tesla” it would be the same issue. Telling someone to go get something different from what they already have is not a path towards helping them.

If the question was, “I don’t like the truck I bought and I want to replace it with something that uses less gas” then your Tesla suggestion is right in the money!

2 Likes

Whatever Arron. Brighter 3D is free to try and only $150 to buy so your comparison hardly has any weight to the argument.
Not only that but I use it professional and can always get better results than Vray.
I wasted so much time with Vray I was lucky someone pointed me to try something different.
Just like I was point to sketchup of other 3D products.
I am totally surprised that Sketchup has not tried to obtain B3D and make it part of sketchup as It is so fast and easy to use.
I have tried them loads and all are boring to use.
Have you tried Brighter3D?

As I said, I have nothing against Brighter 3D and have heard many good things. I don’t think anyone here is opposed to you recommending it. I am honestly not much of a renderer, myself, and have only used a few solutions a few times. You are more than welcome to tell people about it and how much you like it. If you go into someones topic and, rather than helping them, tell them to use Brighter 3D instead, it may get flagged as either off-topic or spam.

You never addressed the issue nor answered my question.
My last E-mail never mentioned you had an issue with Brighter3D.
Did you even read it?

Who did the flagging so I can take it up with them.

Send me the exact wording of this policy so I can look at it please.
I want to take this further.
Kindest regards
K

can you outline the offence please.

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely aids to the human judgment of our community. Use these guidelines to keep this a clean, well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

We are dedicated to cultivate better interactions and better discourse, through thoughtful architecture, active moderation and community management.

Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.

One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.

Are you asking to cause an argument, or are you asking in good faith because you need to know the answer?

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

Your Participation Counts

The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.

Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: favorites, bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.

Let’s try to leave our park better than we found it.

If You See a Problem, Flag It

Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.

When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.

In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.

Always Be Civil

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
  • Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
  • Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
  • Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.

These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.

This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t create overly long, and meandering topic titles.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
  • Don’t post the same topic in multiple categories.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a New Topic.

Post Only Your Own Stuff

You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.

Terms of Service

Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.

We allow people to flag anonymously and do not share that info. If any of the people who flagged you swing by and see this, they can bring it up, but moderators will not share that information.

As for the rules, they are available in the FAQ as always - FAQ - SketchUp Community

I cannot because, as I have said MULTIPLE times now, I did not flag your post…

Okay Arron
So you can’t identify anything in particular?
Can you ask the moderators to consider my points. I do not think my post is irrelevant nor spam.
It is a sound bit of advice. It can be left of taking.
It does not harm the discussion in the forum but opens up user to other possibilities to a solution to their problems.
Another thing I suggest is. If someone has an issue with a post they ought to give a good reason as to why before it get taking down.
To send someone to a FAQ or other is not addressing the issue.
Thanks for your time.

To be clear: the forum moderators are not (as far as I know) flagging your posts. The people flagging your posts are ordinary “civilian” member of the forum - such as you and me.

1 Like

If someone decides to flag a post, these are the options:

If I had to bet, I’d go with option 1 or 3 in your post, since it was clearly about a concrete problem with Vray and an alternative can’t be the solution you’re looking for.

1 Like

These guys seems to have it in hand. They have exactly explained what happened and @cotty has listed exactly what your post was flagged for.