My model is lost and all dimensions are now negative infinity

Hi all, I am not an experience sketchup user and I need help! After a few hours’s work, I did a scaling operation, with valid number (19’7’’ to 19’) just to make the dimensions more accurate. But to my dismay, suddenly my model disappeared. And after trying to find it in no vain I drew a line and its length is -2147483648 feet…and no matter how big or small it is, or I draw any rectangle or anything, it is always that same length. In computer science, it is a special number that usually means the minimum acceptable value and therefore it seems that the product seems to run into some kind of bug… But regardless…I need my model back! How do i get around it and get my model back please???

thanks,-Leyi

Share the SketchUp file with us so we can try to help you.

Are you actually using the web-based free version?

test.skp (292.3 KB)

Yes, I am using the browser free version.
I think I just uploaded the file, which is called test.skp.

Thank you so much!
-Leyi

You managed to set the camera’s focal length to over 2000mm which makes an incredibly narrow angle of view. I’ve fixed it for you.

test.skp (318.6 KB)

Is this a plan for your home?

Oh my god, you are a life saver! Thank you so much!
I have no idea how did it happen…could you let me know the steps that you used to fix it?
And yes, it is a plan for my home. :slight_smile:
Thank you!!

When you press Z you can set the field of view either by typing it or holding shift and moving the mouse while pressing the left click.

Probably holding a modifier key while zooming with the mouse.

I fixed it in SketchUp Pro.

One way to fix it in the web version, ctrl+a to select all, ctrl+c to copy, then open a new modelspace and paste in place.

Thank you all!