My Model Disappeared and zoom extents did not work. Project is due soon, please Help. 🙏🏾

I have been working on a model for a school project and while creating some geometry my model disappeared. I have tried zoom extend and it still doesn’t work. The project is due soon please Help.

If you upload your SketchUp file we could probably help. Sometimes the camera gets corrupted, sometimes it’s hidden geometry a large distance from the origin.

1 Like

SAKAPFET SKETCH UP MODEL.skp (4.0 MB)

There was a group with huge geometry inside it. I deleted it and here’s what’s left:

SAKAPFET SKETCH UP MODEL_gm.skp (3.9 MB)

1 Like

Thank you so much you are a live saver.
God Bless you

1 Like

@McGordon found the offending group and deleted it for you. While doing my own investigation (which confirms his) I noticed that you are not using SketchUp layers appropriately. You have a layer other than Layer0 active, and you have a large number of edges and faces using layers other than Layer0. I can’t prove that this caused the issue with that group, but experts all advise that you leave Layer0 active while drawing edges and faces, and assign other Layers only to groups and components.

1 Like

I’m not sure how the other two went about finding the far away objects, but the extension posted in this topic will fix the model just by selecting a menu item:

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.