My latest adventure

I’ve not been up to speed with Sketchup and the fine community here of late, as I have somehow, accidentally embarked on a new business venture with my wife. Please read on if you’re interested in what has been a bizarre year for both my wife and I.

One Saturday morning back in March, my wife, Sue, woke up and told me about a dream she had had about painting glasses and making money at it. Well, I said. Why not! Can’t be that difficult or expensive set up so give it a go.

So Sue set about ordering some plain Copa gin glasses, paints and tools etc, set up an account with a large online selling website and got her design head on.

Sunny by Sue was borne.

The subsequent 8 months have been an absolute whirlwind!

The interest on social media was very positive with some interest coming in from the retail industry. By the end of April, we had signed a contract for Sue’s designs to be manufactured and distributed under licence whilst receiving a royalty on each unit sold.

This past weekend and throughout this moth, Sue’s hand decorated designs are hitting the shelves of hundreds of retail outlets across the UK.

Not such a bad 2017. We wait in anticipation as to what 2018 has in store for us.

Thanks for reading.

Scott

(The future’s Sunny)

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.