My first animation using Fredo6 animator

https://youtu.be/IDh3ihYN7As

I made this woodworking themed animation using Fredo6 animator.
Process of animating was fun at times and other times frustrating.
I ended up making the video in 17 short chapters (individual videos). That way I could change groups and make new components between videos and if something went wrong while animating, I would only lose max 30 sec of animation.
Overall fun project.

Please note that all the props in the video are not my models, some are from 3D Warehouse. Hope that is not violating any guidelines?

4 Likes

Nice video, with a lot of careful movement. Good sound effects also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done sir! :+1: :+1:

Just curious about what software you used to lace the pieces together and add the text.

1 Like

Great video. Looks like a lot of work actually. I love planning a notch to clear the radio.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I used PowerDirector 365. Quite easy to learn software. Not free though, costs 60 euros/ year or something.

1 Like

Very nice job.

1 Like

Nice project and video!

I was wondering if the friction would be great enough to make the vertical adjustment stepless, have you thought about that? Something like this…

2 Likes

Thanks for feedback!

I think friction would be plenty enough in your design and it would be better in many ways.

First I designed a mechanism that used eccentric lever for tightening (I didn’t design it far enough so I could share it). That design was also stepless. Then I thought that the mechanism was too complex for its purpose.
Stepped design have also a benefit that it has it’s own holes for different purposes: hole for use as band saw outfeed support and another hole when used with planer for example. Allthough in your design you could use just a simple pencil marking as a reference just as well.

1 Like