More Pan / Orbit Range of Motion

I think the ability to pan and orbit beyond the cursor’s constriction to the screen would be helpful. When you hold the center mouse button and drag you are stopped when the cursor hits the edge of the screen. It would be nice if the cursor just disappeared on pan or orbit and you could continuously move while holding the button. It would allow you to navigate a large scene without having to continuously reselect a reference point…

That appears to be a screen width limit and not a SketchUp limit. With multiple delays, Orbit and Pan will work with the cursor outside the limits of the SketchUp window. I have a second monitor to the left of my main display and Orbit and Pan continues until I reach the left side of the second display.

The cursor doesn’t leave the limits of the display space in any applications I have.

The goal would be to allow the model to continue panning or orbiting past the point when your cursor hits the edge of the screen, this is how AutoCad works

1 Like

You could try Jiminy billie bob’s Infinite PanOrbit

3 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhh! Thanks Box!! That’s it

It’s a good idea. Not sure it works beyond SU2014.

That’s why I said try, I don’t use it myself. Don’t need it with a 3d mouse.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine going back to a regular mouse. Get a space mouse and be delighted.

I was having another look at Infinite PanOrbit just last week… [I did the mac version bits]

the main difference in what it does and what I needed is:

it actually jumps the cursor to the opposite side, more like a first person shooter control…

I wanted the cursor to stay put at the window boundary and the content to slide under…

similar to if you select text on this page and drag towards the top, the text will start to scroll down as it get included…

my ‘use case’ was lots of 2D plans I wanted to easily navigate from the same view height…

john

1 Like

Hello,
I know it’s been a time, but I wanted to download the Infinite Pan Orbit plugin that Box suggested, from here:

but I was getting a variety of peculiar errors while attempting to do that.
It seems that the file is simply no longer available.
Can someone please post the installer (RBZ file) here or send me in a private message?
Thank you in advance!

What peculiar errors? Be specific.

That’s not true. I just downloaded it and there was no problem. It hasn’t been updated since 2014 and may or may not work in current versions of SketchUp.

You should be using the Sketchucation Extension Store tool to install extensions from Sketchucation. That way you don’t have to download them and then iunstall them manually.

Ok, I’ll try this but for now, could you please post the file here or send it to me in a PM? I’d be grateful.
The error may be on my browser’s side. I always have lots of problems with SketchUcation site.

I got a “network error, aborted”, for example.
Most errors are described in Polish. Takes time to translate.