Modus for SketchUp Extensions - doubts!

Oh, the library has been updated? Last project using Modus I worked on was Extension Sources. Which isn’t that long ago, just earlier this year.

Yea, I only link to URLs for quick demos/testing. For production I ensure it’s offline and version locked down.

1 Like

Modus latest is v1.5.4 released last AUG, 8-26-2022.

The previous Modus v1.5.3, released at the beginning of August, updated to Bootstrap v4.6.2.

However, your extension is using Modus v1.3.1 which was released 11-11-2021. It’s over a year old.

When I have to deal with external CSS libraries like this case where modus.css modifies bootstrap.css, … I usually put my modifications in a 3rd CSS file probably named dialog.css (or similar) and load my modifications last after the other two.

The other thing I once did was to copy only the style rules and classes from bootstrap.css and modus that my dialog layout was actually using.

1 Like

Agreed but I dont know yet how to get them :l
github one seems to be light.

Yeah, this is one of the recent updates: (file dropzones)

wow thats so clever, so its like automatic adaptations for newer versions right? I gotta try it. Thx

This adaptability is the nature and strength of CSS.

By the way, the SketchUp team has done this also for web features of SketchUp.

1 Like

Same!

1 Like

A year later, what’s the feeling about moving to Modus? We’re about to do some major updates to our plugin UI (Laubwerk Player). It would simplify things a lot to have a ready-made framework we can use across platforms, but we hesitate to do so if it’s not going to match SketchUp’s desktop UI anytime soon (or ever).

It’s time consuming now to have to match the styling separately on both Windows and macOS, so we’d really like something like this to be worth investing time into.

Does anyone have a sense whether the desktop UI will move in this direction soon?