Modelling related issue

It is a very specific and complex organic shape that you are going for. You have been plugging away at it and not giving up, well done you. Your perseverance inspired me to keep trying with you, or maybe I just can’t resist a problem to fix.

So, After successfully making the correct shape in the last post, I spent a while cleaning up the cutting shape so that it would also be a solid. The bottom face had to go as well as many stray lines around the outer arc (500 segments!?!) and the bottom faces reversed.

Eventually I was able to have two solid shapes. I will include that file, of just the two solid shapes before the solid operations so that you can examine it and edit in the future.
Half Leaf Roof cut SOLID (14).skp (1.9 MB)

Then I checked the alignment and ran solid tools. First I ran Eneroth Solid Tools, it chewed on the file for about 30 min and eventually returned a non solid with extensive errors, this is a great extension, but in this case the native solid tools worked better. I tried again with native solid tools and it completed the operation in about 20 min. I mirrored the other half and…

Half Leaf Roof Cut SOLID output 2 (su14).skp (1.3 MB)

2 Likes

It’s of great pleasure to me from seeking help from you especially.I joined this community a week back probably, and I was thinking will I get to seek help from this place and I’m feeling so glad that I have got not only help, infact a good and an amazing person who had been replying to my problems and looking at my issues and gave me proper suggestions and even at the worst point of struggle I found you who had been there to help me out and make it a success :raised_hands:. I wish you a very big thank you, from past three days I was disturbed completely and wanted to make it somehow.My friend said it’s okay we will drop on it,but I decided when will I learn things,giving up is not the solution
Yes I got a right help and we have made it together
Thanks alot✨

2 Likes

Hi can i get an idea of how to make thin strip of planes at the middle of each fin of minimum thickness for creating glazing between them.I have attached a reference image of it

Screenshot (895)

Sure, to keep the forum organized, start a new thread about skinning, or PM me (click my icon and “message”), and I will see you there. I think you can reuse the top face of the original shape before solid operations to make a skin that should fit.