Modeling your own house

Hi,
I have a little question; I want to transfer my own house quickly in Sketchup as a model, without modeling this house step by step. This will obviously take a while. Someone knows how to do this quickly?

As “SketchUpmaster1” you would probably know. :wink:

What information do you have to start with?

1 Like

Pick one

3 Likes

I don’t understand.
Modeling your house is a step by step process…

… unless you hire someone to do it for you.

2 Likes

I saw your reply on a different topic how to start this off. This helped me a lot!
Thank you!

If you have or want to buy and iPad, 3D scanner and app, you can get your house scanned and modeled fairly quickly:
https://canvas.io/

Of if it’s small house and you have the floor plans, elevations, as builts, CAD or anything to start from…could take same amount or even less time to model it yourself. Like they say: you can have it fast, cheap or high quality. Pick two.

Yes, you’re right. I just thought maybe there is a great tool to do this, without having to spend a lot of time on this.

Thank you so much for your reply! I think this app will help me a lot!

1 Like

SketchUp is a great tool for doing this. If you ask a more specific question, you’ll get better help. Try and start modelling your house and ask questions when you get stuck.
If you’re completely new to SketchUp and not a ‘master’ start at learn.sketchup.com

1 Like

Ok, thank you, i’ll do!

You might start with a floor plan in 2D. It’s a good way to get started with SketchUp as well as a practical base on which to build your house.

1 Like

Some native tools could be a great help, for instance ‘Follow Me’ in some cases when modeling a complex roof. A perimeter plus a cross section could get you most of the roof geometry.