Modeling GE Appliances on SketchUp Live!

They make similar-looking very expensive appliances in Italy.
I am still somewhat grieved that I had nowhere to put the fridge my parents bought when I was born and that was still in perfect working condition when my mother passed away more than 50 years later.

1 Like

As I was looking for pictures I saw photos of the range that was in the house when I was growing up. It had a double oven arrangement and to the left of the radiant elements on top there’s a large area which was a nice heat proof surface.

They don’t make appliances like they used to.

There is still at least one company stuck in the 70s.

https://www.brownstoveworksinc.com/gas.htm

I owned one of these briefly this year. At least a few decades old - serial stamp was too worn to read. Infinitely repairable.

This ought to be in the law.

1 Like

I saw something saying there is a new “Right to Repair” law going into effect in the EU.

There appear to be some efforts in the US, but not sweeping. We’re busy wasting our time fighting certified election results.

1 Like

I grew up with the toaster, the range and the washer with mangle. We even had a copper.

3 Likes

Yes, but then we would have to give up all these tiny parts and circuits that make our new appliances so energy efficient, and just think how much carbon your new fridge keeps out of the atmosphere in the five years before soldered-on Humidity Sensor 17 fails and you have to have an entire new fridge shipped across the Pacific, running over four dolphins and dumping twice as much carbon into the atmosphere than you saved.

2 Likes

We have the second toaster I posted. It still works great. The drawer is great for making toasted cheese.

1 Like

Oops, I’m reading on my phone, thought that was one of them newfangled wirelesses.

1 Like

I know it’s a Hotpoint but the styling would make for a great model.

3 Likes

Honestly LOVING these pics of classic appliances, but I will be sticking with the modern, this week (though maybe we will come back to a few classics in two weeks?). Anyhow, here are the reference drawings I pulled from GE’s Monogram Line:
Dishwasher 1.dwg (121.2 KB)
Dishwasher 2.dwg (92.7 KB)
Range 1.dwg (281.8 KB)
Range 2.dwg (280.9 KB)
Hood 1.dwg (44.3 KB)
Hood 2.dwg (51.4 KB)
Refrigerator 1.dwg (91.8 KB)
Refrigerator 2.dwg (100.2 KB)

Hi Aaron,
I can’t open the DWGs because I don’t have Sketchup Pro.
Is there any work arounds you could recommend for me?
I can’t wait to start modeling!

Speaking from experience in Massachusetts, where we have had such a thing for autos for a while, these laws only force manufacturers to disclose proprietary diagnostic and repair information. So that you aren’t locked into taking all repairs to a dealer. They don’t have any impact on whether items are designed to be repaired :thinking:

There’s a variety of free DWG viewers, including TrueView from AutoDesk.

1 Like

You can upload .dwg’s to Trimble Connect as well…
Everyone has a free plan.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

image Here you go!

1 Like

Ahh, a replicator. Computer, one glass of 2014 Napa Valley Zin

thats a great thing from GE