Modeling a workbench AND creating drawing from LayOut - LIVE!

Screws? SCREWS!? Dave… this is Fine Furniture. @TysonK can tell you how I feel about screws and fasteners in Fine Furniture.

1 Like

I meant that they would be only the finest wooden screws made of Peruvian maple and finished with a highly polished sheen.

1 Like

Don’t indulge him Dave, you’ll only make it worse.

1 Like

LOL. I should’ve known.

1 Like

Pretty sure I remember using screws on the last bit of furniture I got from IKEA…

… waiting for explosion…

2 Likes

Screws are fine as long as you use a hammer on them. Makes the ikea stuff a breeze to put together.

6 Likes

Here’s where I managed to get from the drawings last night. (No copying Aaron)!

1 Like

My thoughts on the rebate/rabbet/groove thing…

Planing stop on Garrett Hack’s bench.

1 Like

#workbenchdreams

1 Like

Here’s another couple of benches for you to consider, @jody.

Holding Alt (Option on Mac) allows you to drag out the dimension so it aligns with the model. Gotta turn of Grid Snap first.

edit: corrected per Aaron.

2 Likes

Option! That was what I was missing… on Mac it’s the Option key… Why do we have different modifiers??

Oops! Sorry about that. Agreed. Except for some OS-specific things like Command-C/Ctrl+C it’s usually Alt on PC and Command on Mac, Ctrl on PC and Option on Mac.

1 Like

Np! I trip over that ALL THE TIME!

1 Like

Woodworking Benches are so sexy. Hopefully next time I’ll make an 8’ beast and maybe do a sliding deadman and other sexiness. I have slight concerns about the 5’ length on this bench.

A good excuse to build another bench. Maybe in that case you can cut this one down so it is short enough to use as an outfeed table for your table saw.

If I started to make a workbench I would never get to the part where it is used to make the actual things it is meant for.

3 Likes