Modèle a disparu après import d'objet trop grand et redimensionné

Bonjour,

J’ai besoin d’aide et je vous remercie d’avance. Je suis sur Sketchup Pro 2020.
Je travaillais sur un modèle (une bibliothèque murale très complexe) et j’ai importé un élément de la 3D warehouse pour l’intégrer dans mon modèle. Il s’agissait d’une maquette de château.
Comme l’objet était énorme, il cachait mon modèle à l’import, je l’ai redimensionné mais je n’ai plus retrouvé mon modèle. J’ai essayé plusieurs choses lues sur des forum (masquer / afficher, Zoom étendu, champ angulaire-…) rien n’y fait.
Mes axes se déforment et bougent bizarrement, les dimensions de l’élément que je vois sont immenses (milliards de mm) et je ne parviens pas à les réduire.

J’avais travaillé 3 jours sur ce projet et je n’ai pas l’impression de l’avoir effacé…j’attends vos suggestions. Merci beaucoup.

Antonio

Si ton fichier n’est pas trop grand, peux-tu le télécharger ici pour que quelqu’un y jette un coup d’oeil.

You could look in Outliner, and see if the castle shows up. Select it, Cut, and paste into a new file, so that you can try fixing the size of the castle.

After doing the Cut, try Zoom Extents again.

Bonjour Jean, Merci. Malheureusement il est trop lourd…

Merci Colin. J’ai pu couper/coller le château dans un autre fichier, maintenant je le vois. Par contre je ne vois toujours pas mon rendu initial: il y a tous les composants (étagères etc…) mais pas la pièce que j’ai construite.

Your view looks strange. Try choosing Camera, Standard Views, Top, then change to ISO. Now Zoom Extents.

To show us a large file, use DropBox or Google Drive, or any other file sharing site. Then reply with a link to the file. Make sure to give permission to download the file, to anyone who has the link.

Merci Colin. J’ai essayé vue standard puis Iso… pas de changement, Voici le lien vers mon fichier (Perdue bibliothèque) et le château car je me demande si ma pièce ne peut pas être dans ce fichier. Je joins aussi une photo du dernier rendu avant ma manipulation pour que vous voyez ce que je cherche…
Bibliothèque perdue

Un grand merci
Antonio

Your file shows a lot of errors when I open it in SU 2021, says it’s fixed them, but still shows only the part of your model shown in your image above.

I have View/Axes turned on, but can’t see them, and when I draw a line from your component origin to the model origin, it still doesn’t show them at the other end of the line.

Your file has become corrupted.

The error message after the fixes are made shows:

Results of Validity Check.

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1139215) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1139441) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1140002) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1140115) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1143646) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1164233) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1175107) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CArcCurve (1181847) not valid.

- fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1293954) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294013) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294020) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294053) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294085) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294132) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294358) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294372) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294482) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294534) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294585) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294598) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294631) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294769) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294802) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294896) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1294999) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1295034) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1295074) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1295081) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1295109) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1295242) is not valid - fixed

The plane equation for CFace (1295292) is not valid - fixed

I can see quite a number of components listed in the component browser but only some of them seem to have content.

I re-tried opening the model, but I still see only one small cluster of 9 components, and even more bizarrely, this time the axes do appear, but the red axis is kinked - I’ve never seen that before!

I’ve tried a plugin called RescueMyModel v12.rb, but that doesn’t seem to help - the file is still corrupt and shows no more than the original.
RescueMyModel v12.rb (4.2 KB)

Sorry - I can’t see anything I can do about it.

Maybe @colin can?

maybe because there is not enough room in the universe for these kind of books:

Light needs about two hours to cross one book…

1 Like

And the whole thing is located away from the origin by a similar amount!

1 Like

The universe is said to be 93 billion light years across so these are still rather small. They also fit quite comfortably into the Milky Way (52850 light years) and even our solar system (287460000000000 m)

2 Likes

But not into SketchUp :worried:

Yep. Some quite large models exist, but IMO the SketchUp comfort zone is within a couple of kilometers, a large city block. Even then, clipping is to be expected.