Migrating extensions to SU2019

I got am email from whaat (Mind Site Studios) today with links describing how to migrate his plug-ins.

A tip of the hat to you sir for being pro-active!

And to Guy also! Thank you.

yeah, +1!

I try to keep my extensions up to date. However, I have often noticed that after you click on the startup message that x number of extensions have updates, it appears to go through the process but then tells you it has not succeeded. Then the message keeps coming up at startup as if you had ignored it forst time.

Or maybe it’s just me!

Yea, we’ve seen some issues like that. Seems to relate to login state getting out of sync. Have you tried logging out (not from within Extension Manager, but from SU itself) then logging in and trying to update?

If that fails - can you try if updating via the Extension Store works?

Not sure what you mean by logging out in this context. Do you just mean closing and re-opening? If so, I think it is when I start a new SU session that it happens. However, thanks for the tip and I will try doing it differently next time.

In the status bar of the SketchUp main window, there is an “avatar” icon that displays your login status (whether you are logged in by default in subwindows like 3DWH/EWH). Right-click it for logging out.

Got it.

Did that make a difference?

In the classic version (:thinking: ) You could have been logged in under different accounts (3DWH, Extension WareHouse, even the Credits log-in).
Now, with 2019 you are bound to one: The one were your Subscription or Classic license is tied to.(TrimbleID)

You might have bought or downloaded several extensions under different (Google) Accounts and they might be not the same as the Trimble ID, you would need to merge them.:

I don’t think I have had it happen in SU 2019 yet so I can’t say for sure.