Medeek Wall

Version 1.5.9 - 08.18.2020

• Added the “Basic Options” parameters to the Wall tab of the Global Settings.

I’m not sure why these parameters never got added to the global settings a long time ago but I guess better late than never.

Version 1.5.9b - 08.18.2020

• Fixed a bug with gypsum when applied to the end condition for interior shed walls.

Version 1.5.9c - 08.19.2020

• Fixed a floating point rounding error in the blocking and cavity insulation modules for all walls.

No bells and whistles tonight. Sometimes it’s just about putting out the fires.

1 Like

Version 1.6.0 - 08.23.2020

• Enabled variable king stud and trimmer stud widths for garage doors (non-portal frame).

Version 1.6.0b - 08.23.2020

• Added the ability to create, load and delete garage door presets within the Edit and Draw (HTML) Menus.
  • Fixed a bug with reading in presets from the door and window edit menus.

Version 1.6.1 - 08.26.2020

• All gable wall types (gable, hip, shed) now include the option to enter in the wall slope as a pitch or angle.

Does anyone know what this style of garage door opening is called?

I don’t see it as much anymore, I think it was more popular about 20-30 years ago. I’m looking at the beveled or truncated upper corners of the garage door opening.

Probably Dog eared is as good as anything.

Always heard them referred to as “ Carriage House “ style . Were supposed to give the look of the doors on pre-auto carriage house. Don’t know if they had an official name…

1 Like

They are called Dutch Corners.

2 Likes

Carriage House is a door style. I think Nathan was referring to the 45 degree corners. The Dutch Corners are typically 12" which comes out to about 17" measured across the angle.

2 Likes

Thanks Neil, I know I’ve heard that term before but I guess they aren’t used enough to be in common construction vernacular or my memory doesn’t serve me well.

For completeness I think it would be a good idea to add the option for arched garage doors and dutch corners. The algorithms for arched doors already exist within the man door module and the geometry of dutch corners is very simple. Give me a couple of days and I will knock this one out.

I have also had some criticism on how monotonal my html menus are. I think is a very minor item but I also realized that I can easily make all of the html menus customizable:

I see your html is scrolling off the bottom. I’ve really fallen in love with collapsible sections. It’s really easy to implement.

https://jsfiddle.net/Neil_Burkholder/ctrzeL4f/

1 Like

That is pretty slick, thank-you for posting the code. I will take a look at this and see if I can implement something along these lines.

1 Like

Version 1.6.2 - 09.01.2020

• Added three additional parameters to the “User Interface” section of the General tab of the global settings. This allows the customization (colors) of the HTML menus.

View model here:

Version 1.6.3 - 09.06.2020

• Added (segmental) arched garage doors to the garage door module.

I still need to add the option for dutch corners.

Version 1.6.4 - 09.07.2020

• Added Dutch Corners to garage doors within the garage door module.

View model here:

Now the garage door module feels a little more complete.