Medeek Wall

Version 1.0.3 - 02.11.2019

• Fixed a bug in the display of the toolbars (Mac and Windows).
  • Added a trimmer extend option to extend trimmers up to bottom of header when a built-up header is used that has a bottom plate.

In certain jurisdictions the trimmers (jack studs) must extend to the bottom of the actual header and not to just the bottom plate of the built-up header. This option allows one to set this per window and also within the global settings.

The toolbar bug is probably more apparent to Mac users but technically also affects Windows users as well.

1 Like

How difficult would it be to have door and window framing automatically generate based on 3D Warehouse doors and windows? Of course only necessary if the desired look cannot be achieved within the Wall plugin. It would be nice to assign Medeek attribute data to custom openings. If openings are automatically at same level within outliner (based on a few videos linked in previous post) should make it easier to create door & window schedules in LayOut.

Version 1.0.4 - 02.14.2019

• Added logic to the final assembly routine to allow for electrical components (Medeek Electrical) to be retained within wall panels.

Previous versions of the Wall plugin will not be compatible with the new Medeek Electrical plugin. You will be able to create electrical components but as soon as you rebuild or modify a wall it will blow away all of your electrical components.

1 Like

blow away?

1 Like

Try using the Wall plugin with the new Electrical plugin and then re-build one of your walls, you will see what I mean. When you rebuild all of the electrical components you’ve added will be erased. However, with version 1.0.4 they will be properly retained.

1 Like

Any recommended best practices for connecting wall assemblies and truss (subfloor) assembly for second story open-to-below (first story living room open-to-above)?

Also, has window “stacking” been resolved/enabled?

1 Like

I’ve been investigating the window stacking issues further with a contractor out of Alberta in the last couple of weeks. The roadblock on this one has always been how to handle stacked windows that are offset rather than lined up. I think I’ve finally devised an algorithm that will work but since the permutations on this one can be so exhausting it may not cover every possibility.

I will commit my algorithm to code and then give it some further testing.

1 Like

It might be useful to have a button somewhere in the global settings that allows one to reset all of the settings to the initial installed settings, essentially reset the entire plugin with a single action.

Any thoughts on this?

I think a few settings such as the serial number one would not want to reset.

What about editing multiple wall assemblies at the same time? E.g. exterior walls originally designed with default cladding material and then later being able to change the cladding material of those assemblies all at once.

2 Likes
  • SketchUp user prior to purchasing plugin.
  • Became a SketchUp user with purchase of plugin. Converted from Revit, AutoCad, ArchiCad etc…
  • SketchUp user evaluating plugin.
  • Non-SketchUp user evaluating plugin.
  • SketchUp user just looking.
  • Non-SketchUp user just looking.

0 voters

I’m trying to gather some information on the status of current users of the plugin and potential users of the plugin. My biggest question really centers around whether or not most of the interested parties are already SketchUp users or not. Thank-you for taking the time to cast your vote.

P.S. The results of this poll are already showing pretty much what I suspected and what I am seeing in speaking with new users of the plugin(s). Most users or prospective users are already on board with SketchUp. I should now run a poll and try to see what was the reason for the purchase of the plugin(s).

Hi, I was wondering if you could add a feature to allow for framing when a wall tees into another to look something like this? It would be great, it’s a pain to have to go back in an do this. This provides a good nailer and corner for walls. My father’s company uses this method and it is highly praised for being solid and true. Thanks

Back side

1 Like

I have been giving the backer boards at T-intersections some serious thought for a while now. I’ve resisted adding them in primarily because there is such a variation in the way this is handled.

Some use the U-shaped structure (3-studs). Others will run two studs flat. Yet another common method is ladder blocking between nominal studs.

I will be adding in a “blocking module” for the inserting of custom blocking into the wall panels, there has been quite a bit of requests for this. However, automating T-intersections (blocking) would probably be preferential to manually having to go back and insert the blocking.

Another ongoing issue is the Material Manager in the Global Settings locking up for Mac users. This issue has to do with the behavior of modal HTML windows and MacOS. I am still working on the resolution. This problem does not affect users who are running on Windows.

While I was editing a Medeek Wall assembly, SketchUp crashed. (I’m using SU Pro 2018.)

It would be nice to be able to set 2D Geometry as a hatch pattern instead of just as a color.

1 Like

I’ve got some ideas on this, you can’t really do it with separate lines otherwise the model will become to heavy.

1 Like

This cross hatch is created by creating a .png file (32x32 pixels) that has transparency:

There may be an easier or better way to create a cross hatch in SketchUp, just one way of doing it.

You can edit the 2D wall material in your model and the plugin will retain it since once a material is created it does not try to recreate it so any edits are retained.

Same effect for a regular hatch:

1 Like

SketchUp has patterns under Materials. Maybe having the ability to select SketchUp Materials within global settings where there is currently only the option to pick colors.

(Several additional textures and materials are available online for SketchUp.)

1 Like

Sorry I guess I misunderstood your question a bit. Your probably right I should switch this to a pre-defined material versus having the user set the color of the material being created.

1 Like

I’m thinking about adding in a “Header Manager” that allows the user to basically create and manage their various headers for doors, windows and garage doors. Glulam headers will still be a special case situation which will not be managed by this interface.

The only road block I’m running into with this is I have an issue with MacOS and the show modal incompatibility. I still have not determined the resolution to this problem which is affecting the Material Manager in the global settings.

1 Like