Medeek Project

Version 1.0.4 - 01.29.2023

• Added the Seismic tab to the Project Information tool.
  • Added site parameters (Building Standard, Risk Category, Site Soil Class) to the General Data tab of the Project Information tool.
  • Enabled the USGS lookup tool for the following standards: ASCE7-10, ASCE7-16, ASCE7-22.

This tab is not quite complete. I would like to add a button which allows one to automatically generate a PDF report with the seismic data. Most of the code for that tool/feature is already in place but I need to still figure out the details between the integration of my website and the back end Ruby connection with SketchUp.

Once that piece of the puzzle is added then this tool actually becomes useful in the real world.

1 Like

Okay the backend connection seems to be solved, now on to bigger and better things.

1 Like

Once you have enough information specified in the Seismic tab then the “Download PDF Report” button will appear:

The PDF report will something like this (this one is actually a snow load report):

2 Likes

Version 1.0.5 - 02.04.2023

• Enabled a PDF Seismic Report generator within the Seismic tab of the Project Information tool.

project_su22_800.pdf (514.4 KB)

2 Likes

Tutorial 3 - Seismic Reports (9:28 min.)

1 Like

Version 1.0.6 - 02.06.2023

• Fixed a bug with the Title Block Tool.

The issue was that the default logos for the Architect and Engineer were not being loaded automatically by the Title Block module unless they had been previously loaded in the Project Info tool.

P.S.
Another issue you may or may not have noticed is that I initially setup “Century Gothic” as the default font for the Title Block text. If this font is not installed on your system (Mac or PC) it will cause an error. I have since switched the default font to Trebuchet MS, since this seems to be more widely available and installed on most computers.

I am currently trying to figure out a way to have the plugin enumerate and then display all of the True Type fonts installed on a users system so that they are not limited to select few fonts. However, for the time being the available fonts are hard coded into the plugin. If you do want to use Century Gothic just make sure it is installed on on your PC or Mac first.

2 Likes

Version 1.0.7 - 02.08.2023

• Added optional labels (x-axis and/or y-axis) for major grid lines within the Grid Tool.

This additional feature per customer request.

1 Like

I really like having my own grid tool that I can update and tweak as needed. Not sure why I never thought about doing this sooner, I guess I was satisfied enough with the SU Grid Tool.

There are a lot of other cool things one could do with this tool.

1 Like

I think the labels feature for the grid would be especially helpful for the designer and the client when communicating areas of concern.

Perhaps user customization could include a combination of Alpha and Numeric characters for each axis? … just speculating

2 Likes

Column lines are a thing, but they don’t always fall on a regular grid. They often get decimal numbers too. I usually just draw them.

Point of trivia: Louis Kahn’s Yale Center for British Art is quite a regular grid building with 10 bays the long way and then a space before the neighboring building. That space ended up being a sunken court yard with a restaurant in it. For years that restaurant was called “West of Eleven” because it occupied the area Kahn kept referring to as “west of column line eleven” as he struggled design wise what to do there.

3 Likes

To make this truly useful I probably needs to be more customizable, I get it.

1 Like

Version 1.0.8 - 02.12.2023

• Added floor layers to the Layer Control Tool.

Note the Floor plugin has not yet been released, this update is in preparation for when it is released.

2 Likes

Version 1.0.8b - 02.13.2023

• Fixed a bug in the Estimating module for king stud quantities for windows and doors (metric units).
1 Like

How is this done?

What if I want to set the grid to meters?

1 Like

Right click on the grid and then click on the edit option.

I guess I need to make a metric switch within the tool, right now it is only imperial units.

2 Likes

Version 1.0.9 - 03.10.2023

• Fixed a bug with the Trim 3 tool.
1 Like

What was happening?

1 Like

When I switched the Trim tools over from the Truss plugin I had to make a crucial edit to each tool so that it properly recognized the “Project Plugin” serial number, rather than a “Truss Plugin” serial number. I thought I had updated each tool’s code but I somehow managed to miss this one in the shuffle. All fixed now.

2 Likes

Version 1.1.0 - 07.01.2023

• Enabled FIS notation for dimensions in the General tab of the Global Settings.
  • Added rafter lengths (with total length or minimum stock length) for gable and hip rafter roofs within the Medeek Estimator.

The rafter lengths are currently only available for imperial units. If I get requests for this to be extended to metric units I will make this also available for metric units.

The rafter length in this case is actually the rafter length minus the overhang, so technically it is the length to the seat cut.

2 Likes

I will add some images for review and comment.

Great work on the accuracy in digital framing

1 Like