Medeek Foundation

This will give designers the additional tools to specify retaining walls within their foundation designs.
Retaining wall design can get rather complex but this is a good starting place.

Version 1.6.2 - 10.09.2020

• Added a “Refresh Licensee Data” button within the License tab of the Global Settings.

1 Like

Version 1.6.3 - 10.22.2020

• Fixed a bug in the strip footing “Outline” edit menu.

This little bug has been around for quite a while. If you see something point it out to me, even I miss stuff sometimes.

Version 1.6.4 - 01.11.2021

• Added the option for post bases for the (Post & Beam) Interior Bearing tool: BC40, BC60.

Post base hardware added per customer request.

Version 1.6.4b - 01.14.2021

• Added the following additional post bases to the Interior Bearing tool: ABU44, ABU66.

Two additional post bases added per customer request.

When the foundation segment lengths in a polyline stemwall foundation are too short this is what you get (notice the anchor bolt placement):

I’m working up some additional logic to properly deal with anchor bolt placement with short segment lengths.

Version 1.6.5 - 02.09.2021

• Fixed a bug with anchor bolt placement for polyline stemwalls.
  • Added an option for a zero depth footing for polyline stemwalls, which eliminates the footing for this foundation type.

By setting the depth of the footing to zero you can eliminate the footing from a polyline stemwall, so only the stemwall portion of the foundation is drawn. This is per customer request.

Also the algorithm for anchor bolt placement for polyline stemwalls is greatly improved, however there can always be further improvements, any feedback is always appreciated.

1 Like

Version 1.6.6 - 02.12.2021

• Added logic to the final assembly routine to allow for electrical components (Medeek Electrical) to be retained within all foundation assemblies.

Version 1.6.7 - 03.07.2021

• Fixed a bug with brick ledges (and drain pipe) for slab-on-grade foundations.

Version 1.6.8 - 03.14.2021

• Standardized the naming convention of the plugin toolbars.

Version 1.6.9 - 03.25.2021

• Fixed a bug with footing offsets when a (polyline) stemwall terminates non-orthogonally.

Version 1.6.9b - 03.26.2021

• Fixed a bug with footing extensions (polyline stemwalls) for SketchUp Pro 2021.
  • Enabled hidden edges for polyline stemwalls that terminate non-orthogonally.

First look at a hole cut using the new SUBTRACT keyword system:

Now I just need to set this up for the other various foundation types (ie. stemwall, stemwall steps, strip footings etc…)

1 Like

A big timesaver for my plumbing schematics. Just cool, can’t wait. :joy:

1 Like

Version 1.7.0 - 05.09.2021

• Added an option for subtractive geometry into the General tab of the Global Settings.
  • Sub-groups within foundations and footings can be made persistent and “subtractive” by naming these groups to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc…)

Interestingly the code to make this happen was staring me in the face for months. I essentially took the “roof connections” complex roof module, changed up the logic slightly, simplified it, and arrived at this new feature/ability.

Notice that the subtractive groups cut through the rebar as well as the concrete. Certain other elements such as anchor bolts (groups within groups) are not removed. I may need to give this some additional consideration.

I guess we need to make this new feature available with the Truss plugin as well now.

1 Like

Ooooo. You gotta give us video explaining how this all works.

The foundation I have made for the house I’m working on is being edited like raw geometry at this point because I haven’t had the time to try and figure out how to simply create what I need using the plugins.

1 Like

Would be cool if there was a smart way to right-click a group and select “Medeek - Make Subtractive” and then it would rename it properly instead of having to manually number and rename stuff.

Wouldn’t things not work correctly if there were two objects with the same name I.E. “subtract45”?

If so, things could get pretty tedious if you were modelling drilled holes for plumbing having to model and manually name dozens of shapes for a few walls.

1 Like

The naming does not need to be unique, the only stipulation is that the word “subtract” must be the entity name or part of the entity name.

In the example below I created the one cutting solid and then arrayed it (7 copies). All copies have the same name (ie. “subtract”) and then regenerated the SOG with the edit menu.

Capture

Version 1.7.0b - 05.09.2021

• Components within foundations can also be made persistent and “subtractive” by naming the component instance to (subtract1, subtract2, subtract3, etc…)

Any thoughts about adding an option for forms? Would be nice to be able to instantly generate a plan for the form work!

Come to think of it, combine it with “subtract” - except for form work, it would ADD because you want to have structures that are kept from being filled by the concrete!

1 Like