Materials missing in maintenance update

Hey All, I was hoping someone out there can help me. I have two really irritating issues. Every time I install a maintenance update all or most of my materials are not migrated. Not sure why in 2016 this is still an issue but it is and it costs me hours re loading the materials. I can see the materials in the materials folder on my drive but they don’t load into the latest updated version of SketchUp. That’s one problem.

The second problem is that the shortcut for the pointer, usually space bar, intermittently pulls up the model info window instead of switching from whatever tool I’m using to the pointer tool? What’s going on here?

Makes me terrified to update. Far too much energy expended.

thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

J

Shouldn’t be an issue, I’m not sure what you’re doing on materials, but space bar is a well known Mac thing: Pressing space bar opens model info, instead of activating the select tool - #5 by kristian

Materials that you make should be saved in ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Materials/What-ever-name-you-gave-the-list. Ours are stored in the app wrapper. Are yours being stored in there somehow? If so, they’re in “/Applications/SketchUp\ 2016/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Materials/”, and you can copy them out and copy them back in. Just make sure you’ve opened SketchUp at least once before doing this or you’ll get security complaints from Apple that an app has been tampered with (and rightly so).