Lately, I was involved in many Masterplans projects and feasibility studies.
SketchUp is a great tool for these, but usually, main clients concern is fee and areas.
Using dynamic components and proper naming I can easily extract all the information.
The only problem I have is extracting areas quickly.
Could you please share your workflow:
- How you build the model
- Are you using Excel and Pivot tables
- What is the process of extracting data from SketchUp
Here is my usual scenario.
- Developing 3-4 options of Masterplan or Land Use Plan (with simple building blocks)
- Extracting area one by one clicking on a face.
- Puting all this data into excel (takes a long time)
- The fun part, Clint wants to change all options and I left with 1-2 days to everything again.
Thanks for sharing and your advice.