"MAJ Column". Sketchup Plugin to create columns

Actually, I see a use for this extension. As an Architect, I often include 3D details of concrete columns, beams, pads, etc. with “see thru” concrete in order to demonstrate the interior rebar. I call out the vertical and stirrup reinforcement with “see Structural sheets” note for reference.

1 Like

Interesting usage of this plugin. For sure you can use “MAJ Column” simply and the result will be similar to the following picture. This kind of usage will happen occasionally and I think don’t need a special plugin.

I’m an architect and do a fair amount of my own engineering on single family houses over the years, but not larger projects. I learned concrete in school, but haven’t really done any since. A little bit of steel on a couple occasions, but mostly a lot of wood and engineered wood. A lot of times working with engineers, they work it out on scratch sheets, and the architect does the formal drafting, so it is useful to an architect to be able to draw what and engineer specifies out for him.

1 Like

Great, I plan to give some information about the column to plugin users. Do you have any suggestions on how to do it? Is it ok to write it on the sides of the columns? What kind of information will be useful?

Medeek plugin does this by putting text on layers/tags of their own so you can choose to see them or not with visibility toggle in layers/tags.

I can show information same as attched picture. Also information will have especial layer and simply we can hide it. Should I show more information? Is it good?

If all reinforcements do have entity in itself, thus can be hide or show by TAG name would be superb for report.

Very useful tool.
Thank you

1 Like

Hell yes!

1 Like

Please check V1.0.5. You can download it at the following link address.