Lost animator

How to download SketchUcation plugins

1. To install SketchUcation Tools in SketchUp go to Window > Preferences and choose Extension > Install Extension…
  2. Navigate to the SketchUcationTools. rbz file you downloaded and your done!

I downloaded fresh copies of both
do not see extension nor the install button in Manager

I go into the extension manager it lists the library but not animator and the library is disabled toggling it to enabled does not hold when I go back to it

I thought I could get by with 2017 but I do have 17 days left with Pro. I am getting proficient enough to be confidence in buying it but I was hoping that 2017 would be sufficient. Do you think Pro is that much better than 2017? Would I have a better chance of solving these problems with Pro?

The Pro variant includes a few additional features in SketchUp (most notably Solid Tools, which are fancier or more convenient forms of the “Intersect With…” set of functions that are available in all versions of SketchUp). The Pro variant also includes two independent programs: Layout, which is for creating 2D documentation for models, and Style Builder, which builds styles that can then be used with SketchUp. For many users, I suspect that the inclusion of Layout is the major differentiating factor between Pro and non-Pro.

Pro would not make a difference to how extensions are install and maintained.

For what it’s worth, I use @Fredo6’s Animator plugin a lot (I’m using it now on a personal project). I access it via the Tools menu, Fredo6 Collection, Clip Editor (as you noted earlier in this topic). I have never attempted to uninstall it or to modify or remove toolbar items.

I’m having the same problem with Pro. I cannot see Animator or it’s Library in the extension manager.

How to download SketchUcation plugins

1. To install SketchUcation Tools in SketchUp go to Window > Preferences and choose Extension > Install Extension…
  2. Navigate to the SketchUcationTools. rbz file you downloaded and your done!

The above doesn’t show “extensions” when I go into “preferences”.
Now that I am using Pro does Trimble provide help?

Go to Window>Extension Manager and make a screen shot of it.

When Animator is installed it will show in the Tools menu under Fredo6 Collection.

It looks like the window runs off the bottom of the screen. Make it shorter by dragging the top edge down and moving the window up.

The button will be in the white area below the gray region where the installed extensions are listed.

Please do what I asked you to do. Drag the top edge of the Extension Manager window down and move the entire window up so you can see the Install Extension button at the bottom left of the window.

I did not understand your instruction. because my laptop screen is small I’m usually plugged into a larger monitor. one day per week I help with my grandchildren and I don’t have my monitor. Progress, Your instructions worked and I can now see the button. Okay I selected the button and opened the fredo6 library and its installed. I think I’m going to continue using 2017 and down the road possible start using Pro. I do have an AutoCAD File I would like to open from a survey company but that is about it. Really appreciate your help . I am attempting to write a white paper and this model using animator will really be helpful.

I assume any model I create in 2017 will port over to Pro if I decide to buy it in the future?

Yes, all SKP files will work when opened in the same or newer SketchUp versions - unlike many other apps !