Long overdue standard feature; Double lines

Isn’t that what I gave you in my plugin link?

It doesn’t work in 2015 for me.

Well what can I tell you, that gif is win7 64bit, SU make 2015.

How did you install the plugin? As it downloads as an RBZ file, did you go to Window > Preferences > Extensions > click on Install extension button?

My bad, installed correctly and it works now. The older version that I used first had issues hence the frustration.

I still think you should use a rectangle and the scale tool. I will do a video on different ways to trace a plan.
Thank you guys for helping out slowdownkid

I still don’t think a double line is useful, but with a couple of models recently I have found that I would really like to be able to tell the program that the starting click for a rectangle was it’s mid-point:

Perhaps [ctrl] would mirror the drag on the x axis and [shift] wold mirror it on the y axis, Holding both would mirror in both. (Kind of like the scale tool does)

{Hey - this web site remembered my input from 5 months ago, even though I didn’t post it! cool :slight_smile: }

You can use the rectangle tool from tools on surface (Fredo6) for this…

1 Like

Plumbing or HVAC plan in Layout. No option to draw a double line.

Sure you could model in all the plumbing in Sketchup with a circle and follow me, but that would be way slower than just drawing a double line in Layout. Unless you need an isometric or perspective view of the plumbing plan then creating the drains and supply lines in Sketchup is a complete waste of time.

1 Like

I wonder how many people actually use this feature in applications that support it. In AutoCad, for instance, it was introduced as a somewhat clumsy afterthought and probably for its low usage has received no improvements since. I used it in some details but I haven’t met files by anyone else that had used it.

1 Like

I think Curic has a plugin that will do double lines. Check out curic DIO 2.

And the one I posted five years ago still works in 2020

2 Likes