Locating origin for picture (textures)

render
advice
import
modeling

I am attaching a sketchup file where I am attempting to insert a mountain picture using paint tool. I inserted the picture. However, I want to lower the base of the picture to make the sky more visible from model images I want to extract. When I lower the cube that hold the surface image, the image does not lower. How do I set the origin of the image. It seems to lock in at the level of the red-green plane. I suppose I could raise the whole model up to position relative to picture. I ajust the scale of paint edit menu to get the scale I want. Uploading…

Currently the file is showing no shadows. When I used shadows, I got a very dark image. Can I use shadows, can I control the light so that the jpg image imported to pain is not so dark. Set the shadows on to see what I am talking about. Also, it showed the shadow on the predefined 0 plane defined by x and y axis. That shadow blocked some of the picture.

Ideas for controlling insert pictures will be appreciated.

Eli

Apparently file is too big to upload. Can anybody comment without the benefit of the file?

make it a group and set ‘cast shadows’ and ‘Receive Shadows’ to off’…

try ‘zipping’ your skp file…

Making it a group allows me to control where the picture is displayed. Thanks.
Eli