LO 2018 Line drop out in vector or hybrid

Thanks for the update. Good to know you’re on it. Looking forward to a fix some time soon.

1 Like

Hi been using SU since Version 1 and with each update there have always been a few glitches.
This one in particular is frustrating to say the least. Vector lifework missing and not showing up in Layout, pretty basic rendering stuff!!!
I have found a tedious workaround that resolves this in most cases.

Solution:
Open the group/component that is not displaying properly in Layout in the SU model. Select all, cut and then paste in place inside the original group/component. Save and then refresh. This process somehow forces SU/Layout to re-render the group/component.

Chris

Continuing the discussion from LO 2018 Line drop out in vector or hybrid:

This issue has been plaguing me for a while. I have been using line in LO to fill in the missing lines. This has been okay as a temporary fix. I found this forum and was hoping to find a solution. I second the sentiments of frustration. I wanted to add that if it seems related to 2d vs perspective in LO. I also wanted to add that I have this happen even when I don’t have any section planes in my model. And lastly I only have this happen with parts of groups or components. Hope the input helps and I will look forward to a solution.

Can you share a sample LO file that shows this?

I can induce the drop out myself with hidden edges in components or softened edges when Profiles are turned off in the style. Otherwise I haven’t seen this issue.

I put two different layout files and the smaller sketchup file in this folder. I do cabinetry. I use a plugin cabinetsense. Through that I use a lot of dynamic components. I have used sketchup and layout for many years but I am not real good at the nuts and bolts. I just try to make it do what I need, usually with a deadline looming. The page in the 4th draft shops with the issue is the kitchen fronts without fronts. You could hide the default layer to see my lines. Or hide the unique elements layer to see without the lines. The office layout I am working on now and put everything but the first two pages in raster to avoid the left side of the cabs vanishing.

OK. I see what you’re seeing. In poking at your model it appears that you have sort of overlapping components nested together, some with hidden edges. If I unhide all the edges in the bottom level components in, for example “Left End #5”, the problem edges show up as expected. I think this is a case of the hidden lines obscuring coincident unhidden lines. Clearly those non-hidden edges show up in the SketchUp file and it’s reasonable to expect them to show in LO. Looking back through some communications I’ve had with folks on the LO team, they are aware of this but at least for the time being, the “fix” is to avoid coinicident hidden and unhidden edges.

Here’s what it looks like after unhiding those edges.

And to show I’ve gotten rid of the lines you’d drawn in LO on the Uniique Elements layer.

Maybe I ought to drop in on you and we can play with it together. I could be good to look at some of your workflow. Areas could be improved.

Dave,

That worked. I knew that these components did something funny with the ends and an extra component there. I suspected that might have something to do with this. It just seemed to random to be that. Some disappeared and others didn’t. Your fix worked. Thank you.

Happy to help.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.