Licensing error / EULA / settings not saved

We are in the middle of a migration from Sketchup 2017 to 2021 (PRO). I’ve installed the application as administrator but Sketchup 2021 keeps showing the EULA every time we start the program. We also encounter license activation issues after three times starting the program (with or without admin rights).

I’ve seen in the ProgramData file that the Sketchup 2021 folder has a license file in it which is 0bytes. In the 2017 version it is larger then that.

We’ve already re-installed the program several times. And I assumed it’s a rights or AV issue. But that has been ruled out. Any other suggestions? Would help a lot.

The system is a Windows 10 PC, part of a Windows 2012R2 domain. The local user is local administrator on that machine.

The log file contains:
RLM Diagnostics at 01/11/2022 15:26

RLM version: 12.3BL3
RLM platform: x64_w4
OS version: 10.0

ISV name: trmbldg
Hostname: PC0025
User: user
Working directory: C:\Windows\system32

Environment:

HTTP_PROXY=<not set>
    RLM_CONNECT_TIMEOUT=<not set>
    RLM_EXTENDED_ERROR_MESSAGES=<not set>
    RLM_LICENSE=<not set>
    RLM_NO_UNLIMIT=<not set>
    RLM_PATH_RANDOMIZE=<not set>
    RLM_PROJECT=<not set>
    RLM_QUEUE=<not set>
    RLM_ROAM=<not set>
    RLMSTAT=<not set>
    trmbldg_LICENSE=<not set>

RLM hostid list:

a6b15fa3 uuid=4C4C4544-0050-5410-8051-C8C04F563633 disksn=CA4E2_0E_050CB0_D3_7E24EA_0C_000000_00.1 a4bb6d588d1a ip=192.168.x.x 

License files:
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\EW.lic
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp.lic

rlm_init() parameters:
1: C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021
2: C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp.exe
3:

Local licenses which can be checked out:

Client Cached Licenses (only the highest version # shown):

<none>

In license file C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\EW.lic
      (no server)

<none>

In license file C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp.lic
      (no server)

<none>

Roaming Licenses:

<none>

Exe path: C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp.exe
Version: 21.1.332
Support dir: C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/Support
Is Make: 0
Connected operation
Init try number 0 suceeded
Overall stat = -1
Checkout failed
No license for product (-1)
Eval expired: 0
Set product family = 7

In what sort of environment are you installing?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It’s Windows 10 PC, part of a Windows 2012R2 Domain. Local user is administrator on that machine as well.

Virtual environments are not supported and actually against the Eula. Normal licenses do not apply.
What kind of license did you have for the 2017 version?
How was this upgraded? Does it end with VMW or ALW?

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.

It’s not a VM of somekind, it’s just a regular PC with a subscription model SketchUp Pro license. The 2017 was a paid version and it’s still installed besides the new version. So it’s not an upgrade in that kind of way.

Ah ok, Channel means that you bought via a reseller, probably Cadexpress.
Any (anti) virus running?
btw. even if logged in as an admin, you should install by rightclicking on the installerfile and choose ‘Run as Administrator’

Did it create an InstallShield.log file?

Hi Mike,

you are correct. It’s bought via Cadexpress. ESET antivirus is running but I have disabled it with installation and running the application. I have read the suggestion of installing as ‘run as administrator’ before on this forum. So I have removed and reinstalled it with ‘run as administrator’, but that didn’t make a difference sadly enough.

I haven’t checked the installshield.log. I can try to find it, where should it be located?