Learning LayOut Live with Tyson!

Hop on YouTube this Friday as master trainer Tyson drops a metric ton of LayOut learning in your lap! It’s going to be awesome!!

2021-07-16T18:00:00Z

Join us only on YouTube!

3 Likes

I know you are slowly getting a metric education but a metric ton is a paradox. A ton in the USA is 2000lbs, about 907kg whereas a metric tonne is 1000kg about 2204lbs, somewhat heavier so Tyson ought to go for the ton!

Just in case any one is wondering, this IS a tongue in cheek reply since we’ve had a few laughs with metric conversions during your live modelling sessions.
Keep safe.

3 Likes

Aaron should have said Metric Tonne. It’s a ton-in-cheek remark.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:
I use awful puns all the time at home. It just makes me… Disliked.

BTW, the inch as a base unit doesn’t exist. It is a derived unit based on a millimeter. To check whether an inch-long measuring block is true you have to use a metric measuring device to confirm that it is exactly 25.4 millimeters.

1 Like

I am a Brit who grew up with imperial but now work almost exclusively in metric SI units - unless I use North American plans where I use fractional inches and feet.

I only got into this because of the cross-pond banter with Aaron when he tried to ‘math’ the conversion from metres to feet or inches to millimetres which was hilarious. This is not intended to be a serious topic.

2 Likes

Ugh… I know… I get that the whole world uses metric and it IS easier to math and it makes more sense and all that… but I cannot help that I was raised on inches and sixteenths! I WANT to be able to metric but I just can’t!!!

4 Likes

Yes you can (as a famous president of yours once said). We had a whole nation do it in 1971 and boy were there some dunderheads amongst them!

1 Like

Let’s face it the US and especially the construction industry is not going to be moving to metric anytime soon and definitely not in my lifetime.

2 Likes

ah may pop in to say hi, but not a layout user…

Something’s wrong.
My mum started watching this stream while I wasn’t here!!
:open_mouth:

1 Like

Awesome! Maybe she can do the LatOut work and leave you to focus on the 3D work!!

1 Like

I’ll carry on the awful puns:

She can lay out, relax and leave the hard stuff to me.

:roll_eyes:

Honestly, she’d never do that.

Problem! I get the SketchUp Forum email with word of these live events about three days to late to attend. Any chance the announcements could be scheduled more in advance to let folks like me know.
Thanks

We generally schedule all events at the start of the month. YouTube is notorious for sending out announcements late. I would recommend being proactive and looking on the calendar at the beginning of the month to be safe.

1 Like

Or set the Happenings category to Watching.

1 Like

Thanks. Will check those options out. And, it would be helpful it my SketchUp Forums email was a little bit more forward looking so that I do not receive news of a live event three days after it occurs.