Layout Selection Window Colour Different on One File

I have one file that has a selection window that is a pink colour.

But on all of the other files currently open (a few) the selection window is blue.

I have searched through all my settings and can’t figure out what’s causing the pink selection window.

Can you send me your file Paul?

Sussed it out, Paul. The red selection indicates that the active layer is shared. The blue selection window indicates the active layer is not shared. The difference between the two files you sent me is the active layer. I should have remembered this but I so rarely make shared layers active in my work so I’d forgotten it.

1 Like

Thanks Dave – I think I realised as you were replying.

1 Like

I was racking my brain wondering how to get the pink colour thinking it looked good giving a tiny bit of contrast to the mass of blue of the selected objects.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there’s a huge benefit to having the selection window color reflect the shared/unshared status of the active layer since it doesn’t limit the selection set. I suppose it could be a red flag (pardon the pun) that you are working with a shared layer active, though. I wonder if @adam has any comment on the thought process behind this setting. It could be nice to have a color setting for selections in Preferences, though.