LAYOUT PETITION: Status: CLOSED - Trimble Response Posted May 27th

I 100% support all efforts by SketchUp to continue developing their approach in terms of transparency when communicating improvements to the SketchUp software and in particular LayOut. I have been struggling with LayOut since the most recent update last year:

A few days ago I was using LayOut extensively for a commission and it was very glitchy when importing 3D models, especially when using Hybrid mode. It became very slow (I’m using a custom built PC with dual Intel processors and a NIVIDA graphics card with 64 GB of RAM).

I have wondered for quite a few years if SketchUp has a focus group of trusted and knowledgeable users that are external to the company, that they use to test the product (from a Consumer point of view) especially in advance of new releases. I think this would contribute greatly to opening up dialogue and encourage the delivery of more valuable and meaningful feedback.

I look forward to seeing developments on this over the coming months and applaud SketchUp/Trimble for taking action to address current levels of dissatisfaction with the product.

Anita

2 Likes