Layout not update a new section from Sketchup

I created a new section after I sent my data to layout. Now i like to use the new section in layout. I saved the model in sketchup and send to layout. In layout I updated but nothing changed. The new section isnt updated in the Scenes. There is only the last info for 1h!

Any idea how to fix it. I closed and startet both program new. Same result. I use sketchup 18. Maybe a bug.

Hello, you need to update your Style in SketchUp now that you have created the section.

From the Styles dialog you should see an need update

Then update your Scene and then Update the Model Reference in LayOut

Trent

Are you intending to show different sections in different views in LO? If so you need different scenes for each. And don’t send the same SketchUp file to the Same LayOut project more than once. When you have the first viewport in LayOut, copy it and change the scene it is displaying.

It didn’t work. I found a way how its work. Not sure if it elegant or not, but works.
I startet sketchup over right klick from layout. Seems layout store the model in a seperate data base. So I changed it and created the new section again and updated it. After this I saves the stetchup file under the old name.

No. It’'s not elegant and you don’t need to jump through those hoops but if it worked…

I dont understand your info excactly. Maybe I’m a newbee. I made in SUP section, election and floor plans. Then i export it to LO. But in LO I can not make a section if I missed one?. How I can fix this problem? Same is for me if i change a windows or wall or what ever. I must update the changing to LO. If this not works. Then is the programm ■■■■. I now that i have to adjust the Dimension.

Q: What i have to do if i make now scenes and put this information to an excisting LO file?

Thanks!

From your last post i believe you are missing some important steps and perhaps misunderstand how LayOut works. How about sharing your LayOut file so we can see exactly what you’ve got and give you some useful help?

now problem, you can get it over dropbox. Sent your mail. the ill give you an access!

Konrad

Send me a private message with the link. Click on my name at the top of this post and then “Message”.

You’ve modified a number of the viewports in a way that disconnected them from their scenes in the SketchUp file. This means any scene-specific changes you make in the SketchUp file will not be reflected in the modified viewports in LayOut. Here’s an example of a viewport you modified and what it should look like if it hasn’t been modified.

Modified

Original scene selected again.

In this case it looks like you double clicked on the viewport and then panned the camera to make the model fit in the viewport better. That’s not a good way to make that change. In the next screen shot, you can see I’ve corrected the viewport’s borders without breaking the connection to the scene in SketchUp. I ticked the box for Preserve Scale on Resize before dragging the edges of the viewport. No double clicking.

Section cuts display is a style thing and styles are a property that needs to get saved when a scene is created or updated. If you make a change to a section the scene needs to be updated. Still, if the viewport for that scene has been modified in LO, the updates you make tot he scene will not be displayed because that viewport is no long displaying the scene it was original related to.

Hey Buddy,

I’m not more cleverer then before.

I understood, that I have to klick “preserve and scale and resize”. Ok

How I can fix it? Or have I do all the staff again?

But sorry; to deactivate one times a button and then the connection is gone; that is hard tobacco😊

Bitte beachten Sie ab 01.08.2017 meine neue postalische Adresse!

Best regards

Konrad Lentschig

Scanbox # 04461

Ehrenbergstr. 16a

10245 Berlin

Mail: mailto:Lentschig7@gmail.com Lentschig7@gmail.com

Mobil/ WhattsApp: +49 1520-749 5075

Select the modified viewports one at a time. Select the original scene from the list in the SketchUp Model window.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

1 Like

Seems we both speak not about the same thing :blush:

Select the modified viewports one at a time. Select the original scene from the list in the SketchUp Model window.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

I have no clue what to do?

Go back and look at my screen shots. Find the SketchUp Model window on the right side. Select the viewport in the document and then select the scene in the SketchUp Model window.

If I open the SUP data over LO then I got this sile name.

My real file name is: 308 S Calhoun_detailplanung-v18.skp

Best regards

Konrad Lentschig

Scanbox # 04461

Ehrenbergstr. 16a

10245 Berlin

What does this have to do with selecting the correct scene in the SketchUp Model window in LayOut?

Apparently you aren’t seeing my screen shots or even trying to do what I’ve said.

I did, but I don’t get any references to the SketchUp model. Its only the old stuff!

I guess its better to start again and accept it as learning experience.

Step 1

Step 2

Best regards

Konrad Lentschig

Scanbox # 04461

Ehrenbergstr. 16a

10245 Berlin

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.