Layout file sizes are increasing in size... what am I doing wrong?

Howdy…
I’ve been using SketchUp since @Last started. Then I had to get used to Layout when it was introduced. I thought I had it all figured out, but for some reason, my files are becoming increasingly HUGE!
I usually insert a base SketchUp file with everything that I might need to breakout different views and details. I have other components that are typical to many projects that I also insert into Layout for detail sheets. The remaining objects are PNG’s or JPG’s.
i wouldn’t mind speaking with someone about this. I would appreciate any helpful comments. thank you.
drew

What version of LayOut are you using? I had this happening with a couple of LO files some years ago. Version might have been something like 2015. The reason never became quite clear, but to me it looked like LayOut was suddenly decompressing the JPG images I had placed and treating them as BMP. If I remember right, removing the images and reinserting them might have helped.

Could you upload an example file somewhere, for us to see what is taking up space?

You could go into File/Document Setup, References, and see if there is anything that you can purge.

Anssi
I’m currently using 2019, just haven’t installed the latest (I hate change). It’s almost as if something is accumulating and increasing the size as I go.

Colin
I’ve purged just about everything I can…