Layout export pdf issues

Hello Wei, I’m having a new problem in layout, in the model window the
model is not rendering and there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation
mark, here is a screen shot:

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Elliott Marks

layout problem file.layout (259 KB)

Elliott, I get this when I opened your file.

Is Hardware Acceleration disabled in SketchUp’s OpenGL preferences?

It renders fine on my MacBook Pro. I’ll try it on a same setup iMac, as you posted in the other thread, tomorrow.

it works correctly on my iMac which is much older and less powerful…

the main difference I perceive is that you have the linked skp file and we don’t…

if you rename the skp, does the layout file render?

john

I tried renaming the file and the same problem persists…

Hi Dave,

I am experiencing a really bazaar occurrence that is similar to the problem described in this series of emails. I have created a layout document for the plans I have drawn up and need to export into a pdf to have it printed. However, when it goes to a pdf format, several of the layers that I have created in the Sketchup file have now appeared in the pdf file, and when attempting to resolve the issue other elements of the page begin missing.

If I end up rendering the model it completely goes bonkers and displays layers which I have not brought into layout for the portal view. Can you help me?

Scott.

@sjn001tvh, could you share the LayOut file so I can see what you’ve got going on?

Which version of SketcvhUp are you using and what is the graphics card? “12 meg” is not useful info.

I had the same problem and making the Adobe PDF printer the default printer and setting the correct paper size solved the problem for me. As you note setting the paper size is important. It is also important to note that not all PDF printers have paper options that are broad so choosing one that does is important if you are in a large format. Additionally, only one of two sheets (same file) experienced this problem. When separated, one would export while the other would not leading me to believe there was something peculiar to the page that would not. After reading the threads and trying everything having to do with fonts, rendering selections, and preserving the scale, none of which had an effect on receiving the error, I still have no clue what the problem is but I hope the information leads you to a fix.
Barry - FCDG LLC
SU 2017