Layout - Export an Image - Cannot break the link for the Resolution Sizes

Hi All,

I would like to ask if anyone else knows how to break the chain-link when exporting images (for either the .png or .jpeg). See the attached image.

I have also attached the Layout file.

I would like to change the size the window ratio, however the chain-link is a solid burnt in icon; nothing happens when you click it.

Has anyone else overcome this issue?

Cheers,

Wolfgang from NZ

Layout Export Options - Images - Cannot Break Link

SHOWROOM KITCHEN 1.layout (1.2 MB)

You would need to change the aspect ratio of the paper in Document Setup to be able to change the aspect ratio of the exported image.

Ah I understand, its based around the document size. I haven’t ever needed to do this before.

Thanks Dave

Yes. The image export is going to have the same aspect ratio as the sheet.

Here I’ve set the paper size to square.

1 Like

Absolutely, I did the exact same thing you just did. I should have realized it was driven from the document size and not the export option. It makes complete sense to me now.

Cheers again for your quick answer and help :wink: I owe you that beer!

1 Like

Some day I’ll get to NZ for that beer. :smiley:

Haha all good!! let us know when your planning your trip!

1 Like

Will do. Cousins in Rotorua and Wellington that I’ve never met but would like to.

Rotovegas! Haha its what we call it, Its an awesome place if you like adventure stuff, its pretty quiet at the moment though with COVID… Wellington CBD is really good, its quite laid back, and has a bit of a bohemian feel to it and the city is quite small compared to Auckland where I live.

1 Like