Layout drawing sets

Oui, vous avez raison.

Amazing house. Hope it works out well. Still not sure why you needed so many drawings though!

Too many details, too little space for infrastructure and an over zealous collaborator also helps :smirk:

1 Like

I hear you.

1 Like

Maybe I could have written a shorter letter if I had the time…

I think the truth about SketchUp modelling is that you can see every detail of your model and control every aspect of it. It’s then easier to just show that in Layout than leave what you modeled and thoight about behind.

You don’t do that in every project. This was a little jewel.

@JQL What are you using for your 3d renderings? Vray? Lumion?

Thea for SketchUp

1 Like

You can easily do this when you print. Leave the page(s) out that you don’t want printed. Is it an automatic function? No, but it works.

I highly suggest the book “SketchUp For Architects.” It’s helpful for anyone creating CD’s

Hi jamie1,
Can you supply more information for the book “SketchUp For Architects” that you reference?
Who is the Author?
Thanks!

I totally agree the current system is very cumbersome for large doc sets (and 100 pages isnt crazy at all.)
3 or 4 Layout documents is my practical limit - any more than that and file management is a chore (esp in a corporate environment).

What I long for (and miss from earlier versions) is the ability to open two or more layout files simultaneously! I would use these for Concept, Developed, Detailed, etc.

One thing that’s missing from LayOut is the ability to drag & drop pages between documents. InDesign has a great method for this. Layout has no possible way of extracting or importing pages into a document that were created in a different document…you have to copy & paste content (which isnt ideal)

1 Like

I don’t know one with that specific name but two I can recommend with similar titles are The Sketchup Workflow for Architecture by Michael Brightman and Sketchup and Layout for Architecture by Donley Sonder.

1 Like

Is this a Windows restriction. You can do it on a Mac.

Yes, thanks Simon,
I have both books, and would recommend them as well.
I of course did a Google search for Jamie1’s offered title (“SketchUp for Architects”, thinking there was indeed a new book by that title that I wasn’t aware of …), but no, nothing with that specific title seems to be out there. He was probably referring to a similar title … no response from him …

you can open two LO files in W10

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.