Layout bug splats over and over again ... I'm desperate

I’m working on a trial basis right now, but the bug splats are driving me crazy … it seemed fine the 1st couple of times I opened it but now it seems to crash every time …

Does that mean you are using the 30-day trial of Pro? Your profile says you are using SketchUp 2017 Pro. Is that correct? If so, why are you using a trial of that version?

Share the LayOut file so we can see what you’ve got and try to help you.

I’m using 2017 because I’m still running windows 7. There really is no layout file: The layout program opens in a crashed state and I can’t go anywhere or do anything. The first day I started using it, it seemed to work but I ran out of time and had to close it. That’s the last I’ve seen of it. Please give me an idea if you have one: I have some work to get out like … NOW, and I can’t even begin to use layout. Thanks.

Try repairing the installation of SketchUp and LayOut. Right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator. Then choose Repair.

When did you start with SketchUp 2017 Pro?

Already tried to run it as admin and chose repair … same result. I have used 2014 Make for years but now need to be able to print in .dwg … never thought it would be so frustrating.

So you just started using SketchUp 2017 Pro?

about a week or so ago …

Where did you get it? Is it licensed?

Got it through SketchUp download site … not licensed, yet, since it’s still in trial.