Layout 22 Dimensions moving after update

If it’s any help, the dimensions have stopped glitching since we have been solely in '22. I had the issue real bad with jobs that had originated in '21 in both LO and SU and then updated to '22. Since working on jobs that the SU and LO file start in '22 the dim’s have been sticking.

Yes, that’s possible. All my projects are originally from version '21

For all of our 2021 projects, every layout that has been opened in LO 2022 has had issues with the dimensions shifting all over the place. Some are connected, some aren’t, but I have to go through every single page and fix them. Once I save them in 2022 they stay where I put them. It’s time consuming, but necessary. Is it just a glitch in the update? Hopefully we’re almost finished with 2021 projects…LOL.

Is there a solution to this problem? I need to make presentations in 2d and often go back to the 3d model to make modifications, this problem is happening with a fresh model made with the 22’ update.

Not that I know of yet. Will post if I come across one though.

We only had the issue in files that both the model and layout file generated in '21 but were then updated to '22. We were able to get around it by saving the files down for those jobs and working on them in '21. Also of note, the problem seems to occur when dim’s are anchored to a wall or line and not a corner or intersection, if you pull the anchor of the dim to a corner they stick when going to '22.

Hello everyone, would somebody be willing to share a file that is exhibiting this behavior? If so please send me a PM.

Thank you.
Trent

Hi Trent, do you have any contact with Zachary Engineering? They showed me some great examples of this happening in their office. Let me know if not and I’ll put you in touch.

Thank you, yes I believe we have a file from them that shows the issue specifically with labels.
I will be curious to see this with dimensions as well.

Trent

Was there ever a solution for this? Anytime we update a lot of our dimensions will change and it’s so annoying that we are thinking of switching programs.

For one, we went completely back to '22 after a week of updating to '23 where the issue was a lot worse. Our workaround is when completing a page: we make sure to convert all autotext to normal text and select all of our text including dims and leaders, cut it and paste it back. That resolves the issue for future viewport updates. Haven’t gotten to the root of it but that is our current workflow.

Is this happening to projects created in earlier versions or are you creating a project in 2023 in SU and it still happens in 2023 LO?

The issue in the 2022 version appeared to happen to projects created in the 2021 version. I haven’t gotten to dive into either very much since all my current projects were started in 2021. I’ve always followed a strict rule to start and finish a project in the same version software. I’ve been doing it this way since 2012.

I am just starting a new design - still waiting on survey information that I plan to do from scratch in 2023. However, if this is happening within 2023 from scratch, I will jump back to 2022.

Just curious.

Hey Nick, we have done it all. For the projects we started in '23 I had to save the models down to '22 but we attempted to do everything in '23. We usually take about a month or two to fully get through a project so we aren’t stuck with old stuff. (It’s nice not having to wait on the HOA’s) I am big on the outliner (per your book) and the outliner is just about useless in '23 so when layout issues were worse it was a no brainer for us to go back to '22 entirely.

Honestly the outliner was one of Matt’s tools he liked. I never used it because it always seemed a little wonky to me. I’m talking with my structural engineer now about some of these issues with '22 and '23 as we move forward on our new projects.