LayOut 2020 issue on Export/Print on any PDF, PNG,JPG

By the way, I also corrected the incorrect tag usage and restored all edges and faces back to Untagged as they should be. The extension still uses the term Layers but it’s the same thing.
Screenshot - 5_7_2020 , 7_23_26 PM

thanks for the extension :wink:the solution though is just rework all the 13 pages I’ve done already; maybe language but in essence what I’m saying is that current workaround in LO let you in doing wrongly some actions without any comprehensive warning, as such another hours of work to take all over again

many thanks for doing it but how can I avoid doing the same mistake in the next model? is the fix done on my current model? without sending the link to it?

It’s not really a workaround. The proper workflow has always been to create scenes in Sketchup and not use the Last saved SketchUp view for viewports in LayOut. Even by it’s name it should be clear that “Last saved SketchUp view” is going to change if you go back to the SketchUp file and make any changes. Part of the reason for creating scenes in SketchUp and for using them for viewports in LayOut is to provide fixed views of the model so you don’t risk having them change when you need to go back to the model and make edits.

I’m sorry you have to rework all the pages. It’s unfortunate that you didn’t have time to learn the proper workflow before you got so far into this project. Hopefully you can apply the lessons learned to the next project.

Create scenes in the SketchUp model to show it the way you need to see it in the LayOut project.

Also keep your model clean. Purge unused stuff regularly to help keep the file size down. I didn’t go through your model to look at the components in detail but I could see that some of them could stand to be simplified. For example do you really need a purse and clothes hanging in the closet? Do the nightstands really need to have drawers in them? Do you really need a photo texture of the keyboard on the computer? Simplifying components before you add them to your file can be a big help in performance and save you a great deal of time.

You know I did create for some pages individual scenes and still because of the section plane which gets moved around even with selected scene update vs wieport the LO is not returning now the same image. When you document a project you are not printing in PDF each page once completed. Best would be to have the possibility of disconnecting from model that’s what will make better the LO…

You can disconnect the viewports from the model by exploding them. The problem with disconnecting them, though, is that edits you need to make in the SketchUp model won’t be updated in the LayOut file. If you are going to go that route you might as well export JPGs or PNGs from SketchUp and insert them into your LayOut file.

Better is to learn how to use the programs the way they are designed to work together.

I simply can’t understand what is the “lock” doing…as per the word it should not allow any update; if by saving it retains a certain view this should not change in printing or export, and if it does so should the change occur by the minute the viewport is changing which currently does not happen…This is the workaround I was referring to not being consistent…

I’m sorry. It seems that you aren’t understanding what I’ve been telling you. I might as well quit trying.

Right, you can export from model but not on a clean sheet of paper( would require additional flow of work through other applications) which is why we choose LO; good so there is a solution to disconnect, explode from LO? Where is the explode accessible please?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.