Layout 2017

Hi, Have been using layout for architectural drawings and having problems deleting pattern fill which overlays an text I try to write, have tried File>document setup-references, however any button I click on - purge ,update etc has no effect, any help appreciated !
cheers J

Could you upload an example LayOut file so we can see what you are having trouble with?

Thanks for you reply , but embarrassed to say I don’t know how to upload a file , though my computer skills are limited ,I have been enjoying using SU for many years but new to layout .I guess I will keep looking, -unless you have any suggestions?
cheers, j

To upload a file, click the up arrow with the bar below it (7th icon from the left in the reply box) and follow the on-screen instructions that appear.

Thanks for that , I just back clicked my way out of the problem , but will have to conquer this one

You may find that it will accrue to your benefit if you upload the problem file anyway. Someone may be able to offer a suggestion that cures the issue…and it is quite possible that a suggested approach may be helpful to another user experiencing a similar issue.

Thanks, but now there is no problem to upload - though if it happens again I will do.