Keeping features planar

ver8 free.
I am working with house models. The roofs consist of many planes intersecting at angles forming hips, ridges, dormers, etc. Several times I have run into a situation where previously drawn surfaces seem to no longer be planar. I will try to adjust the location of a hip or dormer, only to find the end result is no longer connected to its neighbors. Another situation is when I attempt to add onto an existing plane by drawing extension lines. I find the extension area is not planar to the original, and I cannot make it so no matter how carefully I draw the extension lines. I end up redrawing the whole surface.

I have only encountered these problems when working with planes at an angle. It would be nice to have a ‘planarize’ feature that once selected, would force everything you add to be planar to the selection, or to identify/force selected elements to squash to the same plane.

let me know if any of these issues have been addressed in later versions.

[quote=“tsketch, post:1, topic:16267”] It would be nice to have a ‘planarize’ feature that once selected, would force everything you add to be planar to the selection, or to identify/force selected elements to squash to the same plane.
[/quote]
I think that this works in V8, but simply make it a component/group and change the axes (in r-click menu of a component and the tools menu in a group)