Keeping a record of prints

When I send a file to be printed from AutoCad, the program keeps a record of the operation. I bill for prints as a reimbursable expense and this makes it easy to find my printing each month. Does Layout have anything similar and if not, may I suggest it? Anything from a third party that might be useful for keeping a record of prints? Thanks

This might suit your needs

Enable Logging for Recently Printed Documents
By default, your printed document history will be wiped after each document has finished printing. You can change this setting to enable you to see a list of your recently printed documents from the print queue for your printer.

You’ll need to change this setting for each printer you have installed.

Access Your Print Queue
To access your print queue, right-click the Windows Start menu button and select the “Settings” option. From here, click Devices > Printers & Scanners.

Access your Windows printer settings by right-clicking your Start Menu button, clicking Settings, then Devices > Printers & Scanners

Find your printer in the “Printers & Scanners” list, click on it, and then click “Open Queue” to open the print queue.

Your printer queue with current and queued printed items will be listed. Documents you’ve previously printed will not be shown, which is why you’ll need to enable logging.

Enable Printer History
In the print queue window for your printer, click Printer > Properties. Alternatively, select your printer and click “Manage” in the “Printers & Scanners” settings menu.

In your printer properties, click on the “Advanced” tab and then select the “Keep Printed Documents” checkbox.

Click “OK” to save your settings.

Once your document history is enabled, your documents will no longer disappear from . . .

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Does that work for LayOut?
I never print, only use the File>Export function…

1 Like

I don’t know, but I would think it’s a simple device to device transfer and the print log would be recorded independently of the program being printed from.

I don’t know how it works, but it was the first solution I could find after 30 seconds of research, so I thought I would share.

It seems to have done what the OP was looking for. :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.